Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Stodder
Connoisseur
Stodder began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle
Do all our bases really belong to Microsoft? (Microsoft EULA)

Hi guys,

I hope this is the right forum area for this I just wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on the topic of whether Microsoft-generated word documents belong to Microsoft or the user who created the content?

I've read the EULA... but INAL so its all a bit of a blur to me. I was under the impression that Microsoft can't touch your own user generated content, but I know there are people out there who think otherwise.

For example, if I sold a word document via the internet with the worlds greatest haiku, could Microsoft use that haiku, or indeed, block me from selling a word document?

I know that some MS Office editions are non-commercial/educational, but mine isn't non-commercial-use only.

I hope you guys can shine a light on this topic.

Cheers,
Stodder
Stodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
This is just my opinion but the content is your content
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
you might get more feedback in the general discussions forum
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Stodder
Connoisseur

Hi guys, thanks for replying.

Yes, I thought about posting in general discussions... but I thought that it might be offtopic due to the lack of ebook subject matter
Old 05-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
As much as I love lawyers I'd be pretty sure that the ones at corporations almost as big as M$ have actually read - and probably understand - the whole d..n EULA. If they thought it implied - anywhere - that texts created using M$ Word actually belonged - in any way, shape, or form - to M$; then they wouldn't let their corp. use M$ Word. Since so many corps. do use M$ Word, I think you are safe too.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
Stodder
Connoisseur

^ I hadn't thought of that. That's an interesting way to look at it

Tags
microsoft, ms office, word document