Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #1
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
kindle folders

Is there anyway when putting MOBI files from my Calibre library to my Kindle to place them directly under the /document directory without any other subfolder?

Thanks
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Change Preferences -> Sending books to device -> Save template or (probably better) override this default in Preferences -> Advanced -> Plugins -> Device interface plugins -> Kindle 2/3/4/Touch Interface -> Customize plugin -> Save template. Remove anything up to and including the last / and change the rest to whatever you want.

What I use on my Kindle Fire (no folders allowed) is:
Code:
{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
Note that if you have many ebooks (certainly thousands and perhaps hundreds) your Kindle 3 will slow down for file operations if all the ebooks are in one directory. What I use on my Kindle 3 is:
Code:
{tags}/{author_sort[0]}/{author_sort} - {series} {series_index:0>2|| -} {title}
You could remove the "{tags}/" and still get 26 sub-folders from the "{author_sort[0]}/" and this is likely enough to avoid a filesystem slowdown.

Last edited by wallcraft; 01-24-2012 at 12:45 AM.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #3
codrutoctavian
Enthusiast
codrutoctavian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have discovered that configuring the Kindle plugin you can place the mobi files directly in the /document folder. However I was not aware of the potential slowdown. I do not have so many books but thanks for the tip
codrutoctavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
Dirk2718
Enthusiast
Dirk2718 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Touch (5.1.0)
Hallo!

I have a similar problem. I want to put some books in an additional folder. So I add a custom column with column type "Yes/No" and changed the Save Template to this, so that every book with a yes in the column "extradir" will be copied to the additional directory "DirName".
Code:
{extradir||DirName/}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
But this code doesn´t work. The books are still copied to {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.
What did I make wrong?

Best regards
Dirk
Dirk2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk2718 View Post
I have a similar problem. I want to put some books in an additional folder. So I add a custom column with column type "Yes/No" and changed the Save Template to this, so that every book with a yes in the column "extradir" will be copied to the additional directory "DirName".
Code:
{extradir||DirName/}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
But this code doesn´t work. The books are still copied to {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.
What did I make wrong?
Three problems:
1) The lookup name for a custom column must begin with the '#' character.
2) You left off the colon after the lookup name
3) You will get the values "YesDirName/" and "No". I assume you do not want the "Yes" or the "No" to be there.

The following in single function mode fixes all three problems.
Code:
{#extradir:test(DirName/,)}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
The following in template program mode is equivalent
Code:
{#mybool:'test($, 'DirName/', '')'}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
as is the following in general program mode.
Code:
program: strcat (test(field('#mybool'), 'DirName/', ''), template('{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}'))
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

Wunderful!

Thank you!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

I put some tags on the book. One of these tags can identify the books like the custom column "extradir" from above. Is this the right code in single mode:
Code:
{tags:contains('ExtraDir', 'DirName/', '')}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Thank you!
Dirk
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk2718 View Post
I put some tags on the book. One of these tags can identify the books like the custom column "extradir" from above. Is this the right code in single mode:
Code:
{tags:contains('ExtraDir', 'DirName/', '')}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
The template is very close to right. The problem: you are mixing single function mode and template program mode. You never use quotes around parameters in single function mode, but you always use them in template program mode.

In single function mode the template should be:
Code:
{tags:contains(ExtraDir,DirName/,)}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
In template program mode the template should be:
Code:
{tags:'contains($, 'ExtraDir', 'DirName/', '')'}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Also note that the pattern used by "contains" is a case-insensitive regular expression. It is not doing an exact match, but is instead looking for the string ExtraDir anywhere inside a tag. For example, the pattern will match the tag "SomeXtraDirt". This may or may not be a problem.

If it is a (potential) problem, then use the following template. It must be in template program mode because a comma is being used as a parameter, something that cannot be done in single function mode.
Code:
{tags:'in_list($, ',', '^allbooks$', 'DirName/', '')'}{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
The "in_list" function compares tag by tag instead of on all the tags as one value. Adding the anchors "^" (force start at beginning of string) and "$" (force finish at end of string) to the pattern ensures that the entire tag must be matched.

Adding "^" and "$" in contains will not work if there is nore than one tag, because all the tags are checked as a single value. Example: assume the tags for a book are "Fiction, Thriller, ExtraDir". The pattern is compared against all three at once, not just the last one, so "^ExtraDir$" will match nothing.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:11 AM   #9
Dirk2718
Enthusiast

Thank you! That helps me a lot.

Best regards
Dirk