Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
AndyBSG
AndyBSG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Collection Problem On Calibre

Had a scan through the Kindle Collection thread but couldn't find the answer there and not even sure if it is a something to do with the collection plugin or a general problem.

I had to replace my PC and lost my whole Calibre library as a result.

So, I tried simply populating it again from my Kindle which worked fine apart from one thing.

All the books on my Kindle itself are arranged in collections that I painstakingly set up in Calibre on my old PC.

However, when I copied the books from my Kindle to my new PC all of the collection data has disappeared.

Would anyone know how I can import that data from the Kindle onto Calibre?
AndyBSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
AndyW1691
AndyW1691 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Mac OSX
This might work and it might not...

I'm running calibre 0.8.41 on a Mac but if the PC version is the same you should be able to do this.

First of all you will need to install the Kindle Collections plugin which is a User Interface Action plugin.

Once the plugin is installed restart calibra and connect your Kindle to the PC with a USB cable. calibra should recognise the Kindle and enable the 'Kindle Collections' menu item. Under this item you will find the option 'Import Kindle Collections into calibra...'

I think this option is what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Andy
AndyW1691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert