Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #31
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
Yes, Option 3 is the same as the Privacy Setting option.
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #32
Michael Sherman
Michael Sherman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Thanks James. I thought as much.

That is kind of dangerous, actually. I'd be looking at some other combination or routine because holding down the top button and side top button could easily occur accidentally! Wouldn't that be a surprise to someone finding they've erased all user data on the next startup!
Michael Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #33
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 7
I have had the same problem with battery re-charging for the firsat time, today. All had been well for the first week.
I have been successful with the reset after removing the back cover but am wary of having to do this too often. Hope the update is available real soon : )
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:42 AM   #34
TLHorne
TLHorne began at the beginning.

I got a Kobo Vox on Friday and had charged it a couple of times.
Yesterday afternoon there was about 10% battery life remaining and I have had it charging for well over 10 hours now. When it is plugged into the wall the little green light appears at the top center.
My issue is that I cannot power it on. I have tried multiple times and nothing works.

Any suggestions?
TLHorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #35
TLHorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner45 View Post
I found that the only thing that works when the battery seems not to be charging is removing the back cover and pressing the reset button.I have not tried to charge when the unit is turned off. I hope they come up with a better update.
How did you remove the back cover?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #36
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Before doing that, try holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Then hit the power button as usual and see if that does it.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #37
TLHorne

I have already tried this multiple times
Old 11-23-2011, 03:19 AM   #38
Anlon
Anlon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Sony PRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHorne View Post
How did you remove the back cover?
Using your finger nail or tweezers gently pry up a corner of the textured back panel. It is just held on by plastic snaps. The reset button is located to the top right of the battery.

Using the reset button has fixed pretty much all my problem's with both Vox's. We just have to remember to power them off when we charge them for the software to report the correct battery level.

Regards

Steve
Anlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #39
hogies
hogies began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
I have just recieved the Kobo vox for a Christmas pressie, It charged succesfully for the first time then got down to 10% and now won't charge. I have done everything that has been suggested including using the computer charger, power charged, holding the power button for 10s etc, nothing is working. these only arrived in New Zealand a couple of week prior to Christmas. Please can i have some more help with this as i would really like to finish my book.
deb

Last edited by hogies; 12-28-2011 at 12:28 AM.
hogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #40
lepremier
lepremier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo VOX
USB charger/adapter not working

I just purchased the VOX a couple of days ago and have been a bit dismayed by all the bad reports that I have read about it since. Mine seems to work fine, none of the problems that I have so far read about EXCEPT (there's always an except...) that I cannot recharge it with a USB adapter/charger that I bought with it. The wall charger unit works fine though......anyone else with such a problem?
Thanks.....
lepremier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #41
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
The vox requires a 2 amp charger to charge and also the device will not reflect the charge using any charger other than the original one. This is well documented, try searching this forum.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #42
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It DOES recharge with other chargers; albeit slower and I believe the indicator does not fully reflect the charge level !
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #43
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Pressing the reset button under the back cover does make the indicator reflect the real charge level, but other than that, it doesn't update with the new charge from other chargers...I got myself an iPad USB charger (2.1 A) and already had a long Blackberry USB cable and they work like a charm, recharges very quickly.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #44
landrew
landrew began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kindle Fire, Nook
I don't know if this is my issue. My Vox won't turn on at all. I think it has been charging whenever not in use. How would I know? I have tried the soft reset suggested above and also a factory reset, but other posts say it must be charged in order for these to work. There's practically no way my Vox could not be charged up considering how often it has been plugged in. I don't know if it was turned off or sleeping when plugged in. Actually I don't know how to put it to sleep so seems likely it was either on and screen was dark or it was turned off. Any help appreciated.
landrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:01 AM   #45
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Was your Vox plugged into the wall outlet turned off for 5 hours or more? If so, did you try holding down the power button for more than 10 seconds and then pressing it again for 2-3 seconds? If that didn't work, did you try prying off the back cover and pressing the reset button there? If both of those fail, you could have a bad battery and may need to exchange your Vox...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote