Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Enoch Pratt Library Now Offers nooks for Checkout

Found this on the Baltimore Sun website. Looks interesting. I wonder if the surrounding counties will follow suit.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...,7721814.story
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Boy, that brings back memories. When I was in Jr High, I used to ride the bus down town to the main library. It was a huge old building, just filled with books. I assume it's still there. I haven't been to Maryland in years.

I was forced into taking these trips by my need to find something new to read . In both Jr High and High School, I started at one end of the school library and worked my way to the other end, reading everything except a few subjects that held no interest at all.

I hope they have good luck with the Nooks and that breakage isn't a problem. I imagine that going to ereaders will be more economical for the library. It certainly will take up less shelf space.

I don't read as much now as I did as a youngster, but I do find that an ereader (almost any type) makes it more convenient to read, thus I read more than I would with p-books. Perhaps this will be true of the library patrons as well.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Our library here in Sacramento has been checking out nooks to their patrons for a while now. They have various nooks loaded up with different e-book collections. So, as an example you can request a nook with the "mystery" collection or the "sci-fi" collection.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baltimore, libraries, nook