Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
MeMelissa
MeMelissa began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Question Newbie

Hello, I am a newbie to PE. I had been looking at tablets and when I seen the PE I really liked it. I like that it has the ereader (eink) and the tablet. I have been playing around with it for a few days, it has Android 1.6 and I'm not even sure where to start. I do have an Android phone that I haven't had very long. I'm hoping to use my PE for an E-Reader (when I find some books) and for apps and internet. I would like to use for an everyday thing. I really like my games on the social sites (FB) and don't know if there is a way I can play them on my PE. Also can you use skype on PE? I have seen where people talk about upgrading to 2.2 is that something I need to do?

Any advice would be Great.. Thanks
MeMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
First off have a look at the thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144785 which will save us typing it all again.

Read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144587 for a list of sites to get books.

For many of the things you want to do with your PE you will need to upgrade to 2.2 so read https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237

For some the update was easy, others found it not so - learn from what is there and you should have an easy update, but as always if you have problems or questions just ask.

The other thing to remember the PE is not a phone and as a consequence apps that require phone features will not work, or if they do there will be some features missing - google maps is a good example, it works but you have to tell it where you are if you want local information as there is no GPS built into eDGe devices.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
jclmaster
jclmaster began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I can tell you that I have not been able to get Farmville to work.
jclmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
MeMelissa

Thanks..
Now I just hope I can do this upgrade without any problems.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMelissa View Post
Thanks..
Now I just hope I can do this upgrade without any problems.
Just take care and double check everything and you should be OK.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
MeMelissa

Thanks for all your help. I got the update on any working tonight..
Now to get everything else up and going like I would like..

jclmaster - Is there a certain browser I need to use for the FB games and what nots??

Thanks again.. Now back to looking for apps..
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #7
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
best browser for this device is dolphin hd 6 apart from javese modified stock browser due to eink display.
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
MeMelissa

Thanks.. I do have dolphin broswer now.

Another question Has anyone use Skype on their Edge? If anyone has it could you please help me. I seemto be havinga problem getting it installed.

THANKS AGAIN...

Tags
pocket edge