Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Yep.. why they would check/use the date on the device being registered is a mystery.... If they need to log a date you'd think they would just use the date on their own host.

I called their Kindle support again to suggest they 1,) change the error msg to something meaningful such as "date and time conflict", and 2.) put something on this in the faq's, and 3.) add it to the info their support desk uses as they (support) were oblivious to this issue.

If course the support person acted like he could have cared less.....
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
FOUND THE PROBLEM - I hadn't noticed that the date on this iPod Touch was set to Aug of 2010 - This is a newer iPod for me. Setting correct date fixed the issue. Evidently Amazon checks date setting when register a device.. Again, this was the only app I was having trouble with. Connections to apple account and my regular Amazon account worked fine, it was only when registering a device.
Actually, it's not Amazon.It's the iTouch itself doing it.

You would have had this same problem if you'd tried to do almost anything. In fact, I'm not sure how you downloaded the Kindle app. That should have failed because the date was wrong.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:30 PM   #18
tbates
tbates began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Thumbs up What a simple OBSCURE solution

I wish I'd Googled my problem first - and found your discussion here sooner.

Amazon Kindle support - both phone & email - had NO IDEA beyond the steps that I'd tried multiple times (same that you described here). They sent me to Apple Kindle support who wanted $$ to (probably) walk me through the same steps once again.

I'd noticed last night that the iPod time was wrong and set both it and the date. Then I found this discussion, tried the registration again, and it worked just like its supposed to.

Thanks, thanks, thanks,
Tom

Last edited by tbates; 06-25-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Mis-spelling
tbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #19
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Glad to help. (greg- original poster)

What is sad is that Kindle support has absolutely no interest in listening to solutions such at this to put on their FAQ's or to help train their support people.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote