Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Question Help, my collections are backward!!

Somehow, I managed to get my collections listed in the wrong order. It used to have the latest collection I opened listed first, now it's last. Also, within each collection the books are listed like this also - the most recently opened being last.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Hmm that's weird. It's never happened to me before. It's likely that the time on the books or Kindle were changed, so it's behaving strangely. Try checking if the time is right.

Oh and try restarting.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Hmm that's weird. It's never happened to me before. It's likely that the time on the books or Kindle were changed, so it's behaving strangely. Try checking if the time is right.

Oh and try restarting.

I already restarted a couple of times. I will check into the time thing. I think I caused it pressing unknown buttons with my hand while it in a waterproof bag. I have no idea what I pressed and this is stressing me out!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I don't know how to set the clock
Old 04-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I don't know how to set the clock
Menu -> Settings -> Next Page -> Device Time/Set Manually

If you just press Menu, you should see the clock time in the title bar.

Last edited by kranu; 04-10-2011 at 10:54 PM.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Thanks!!!!

Once I set the clock, my collections went back to normal. I still don't understand why this happened or how it was fixed. No matter, just glad someone here did know.

Thanks, kranu, karma to you!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Within your collections you can change to Title Sort and it will put the numbering the correct way.

Sometimes it can also come down to how you exit from a book. If you just turn it off whilst still in the book then it doesn't update and won't move that book and collection to the most recent. If you however make use of the Home button to bring you out of the book and then turn off it will update as required.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:27 AM   #8
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Somehow, I managed to get my collections listed in the wrong order. It used to have the latest collection I opened listed first, now it's last. Also, within each collection the books are listed like this also - the most recently opened being last.
After restarting my Kindle with the power switch, my sort-order got messed up.
The time changed after the restart, but setting it didn’t fix the sorting for me.

I’ve tried restarting again (both with power switch and from menu)
Does anyone have any ideas for fixing it? Thanks in advance.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Have you turned on your wireless and synchronized?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Have you turned on your wireless and synchronized?
I thought about this after I had posted. But with a wi-fi only Kindle, and no wi-fi at home, I can't try that. So if there’s nothing else I can do I’ll have to live with backwards sorting till I can access a wireless network.

So now I can be irritated with myself for over a week (Easter holidays are long in Norway). I never should have restarted the Kindle with the power switch in the first place. After creating collections with calibre I was meant to restart through the menu…
Old 04-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #11
tilia
Evangelist

Fixed it! I opened up every book, and that sett the correct time-stamp.

My books are now sortet correctly. Thankfully I only had about 60 books on the Kindle .