Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Lady F

I assume that you know about a feature of the Ubuntu Live CD: 'parted'
You can re-partition any 'unmounted' file system, leaving the data intact.

(The only time I lost a file system, was the time I saw a small 'Unknown" at the end and decided to reclaim the space I forgot that that disks partition had been marked "Dynamic" (failed Mirror experiment. XP pro only spans drives ) ,that was part of the Dynamic piece. )
I highly recommend that you have a UPS with a goodly long run-time when doing invasive procedures like this, just in case
I wouldn't have a clue how to do what you suggest and don't really ahve the time (I'm also a coward). Besides if the shop messes up, they get to fix it. At least all my data is backed up.

The only reason I don't have a UPS is I don't have anywhere to put it (heck, I had to put the cable modem and router in the linen closet in the bathroom). My next home (a travel trailer) will be designed to have room for one. It will also have a propane powered emergency generator so the UPS won't need to have too much capacity.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote