Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #61
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Using "Root Explorer" navigate to the /system/app directory. At the top of the app there should be a button that says "Mount r/w". Press the button once. It should change to "Mount r/o" (I think you might have to leave the directory and come back to see it change). At that point you can modify the content of that directory. Once you copy the APK over then press the button again to change it back to "Mount r/w".

The directory is read only so you(or malicious SW) don't accidentally remove/modify the files on your device and cause it to become unstable.

If the copy is successful you will have to reboot the nook to get the keyboard to work.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #62
Rasenganfan2
Rasenganfan2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I did it! Kind of... no GB, but Swiftkey. Thank you all very much for your time. I'll keep coming here, even if I won't be of help
Rasenganfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote