Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #46
Dzha
Dzha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
@darron
I have stumbled across KindleScreen implementation in KindlDirectFB directory. It looks like an attempt to inherit KindleScreen directly from QScreen and do the blit/solidFill etc at low level skipping QLinuxFbScreen. It looks very interesting.
I wonder if I should even look that way with my amateurish skills in Qt! But ... can you please, tell me a little more about this plugin? Do you think it is possible to re-use the code and speed up painting operations? Or the gain will be negligible?
Dzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:06 AM   #47
Dzha
Dzha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
I was thinking about a solution for a while now. Ideas so far:

Solution 1: Patch QScreen (easy?)
  • introduce virtual void QScreen::setFlashing(bool)
  • empty default implementation
  • overwrite setFlashing in KindleScreen
  • set the flashing update once when the set to true and reset to false after the update
  • get the static pointer QScreen::instance();
  • use screen->setFlashing(true) before calling the update to do one flashing update

Solution 2: Intermediate class (better?)
  • inherit QFlashingScreen from QLinuxFBScreen
  • Introduce setFlashing in QFlashingScreen
  • reinterpret_cast or dynamic_cast the pointer of QScreen to QFlashingScreen
  • call setFlashing()
  • enjoy flashing udpate

I think that I can possibly use QFlashingScreen in future for some other purposes as well (like hardware text cursor for example). So No2 looks good so far.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit:
Victory is sweet!
Implemented in 10 minutes, works like a charm .

Last edited by Dzha; 10-30-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Dzha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #48
Hans Hoogendoorn
Hans Hoogendoorn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Hi there, Could anyonde inform me whethet Calibre has been brought up to date for the new Lindle DX?
Thanks in andvance Hans
Hans Hoogendoorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #49
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi!

Is there a package that will install on the DXG?

Thanks!
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #50
ableeker
Enthusiast
ableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of lightableeker is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Right, I was successful in installing the packages on my DXG after repacking them with version 0.11 of the packaging tool (found it in this mobilread forum), but now I've hit another snag, the hotkeys don't seem to work. Nothing happens when I press 's+u' (press s, hold s, press u, release both s and u), or 's u' (press s, release s, press u, release u). The other key combinations do nothing either, not even r+s+t, which is supposed to reboot the Kindle, and should be quite noticeable.

What is supposed to happen anyway? Am I doing something wrong? I've installed the jailbreak first, does this work without it? And if I want to install the packages on the Kindle DXG, should I use the US, or the international version?

Thanks

Last edited by ableeker; 12-05-2010 at 03:37 PM.
ableeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kindle apps, qtembedded