Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
(OSX) Desktop reader won't re-download books

My hard disk (OSX) was getting messy and filling up so I deleted my Kindle books. I don't have a Kindle, just the desktop reader. I assumed the desktop reader would re-download everything but it won't. Is there anyway I can force it to re-download the books? Thanks
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Click on the "Archive" button within the K4Mac app, then either double-click on each and every book you want redownloaded, or right-click/choose the option to re-download whose exact phrasing I have forgotten.

Unfortunately, there is no way to batch re-download. Although you could probably speed the process up slightly by going to the Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon and pick Send To [K4Mac device name] for each and every book again.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
stodge
Groupie
stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650SC
Perfect thanks - I downloaded them from the Archive screen. I don't have an option on the web page to re-send them.

Thanks!
stodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodge View Post
I don't have an option on the web page to re-send them.

Thanks!
You should have the option on your Manage Your Kindle Page, Orders section, lists all purchases, "Deliver to..' dropdown next to each item shows all registered Kindles and apps... But oh well sounds like you are already done by using Archives.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote