Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #16
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Library of Alexandria for me!
Me, too!
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I'd like to have tea with Miss Marple in St. Mary Mead.
Well, if I had to share, I'd like share some of the house swill with Horace Rumpole. Actually, I wouldn't mind being able to follow Horace through a complete case, as long as I could also read his thoughts about the magistrates and Claude Erskine-Brown
Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 AM   #18
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
Helen of Troy, naked. Was she worth launching a 1000 ships, or was she a floozie who could only hold your attention for 5 minutes?
This is the question of the ages. But remember, Abe, beauty is both in the eyes of the beholder and a product of its times. A Reubenesque figure is sometimes called beautiful and sometimes called overweight -- just depends on the century, the decade, and the country.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #19
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Yup, Rhadin. I read somewhere that Marilyn Munroe would be diagnosed as clinically obese these days. Read somewhere else that the Queen of Sheba must have weighed in at around 300 pounds to have been considered remarkably attractive in her era and region.

Might use my fantasy time machine to pay MM a visit, but Her Royal Highness Queen of Sheba, I'd pass on.

Revisiting intriguing women? Interesting ... I think I'd like to have hung out a little with my late grandmother (nothing naughty, you understand, just good pals) when she was a mightily educated but rebellious and militant feminist flapper back in the early twenties. Apologies thread purists that she wasn't a fictional character. She just seemed to act like she could have been.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #20
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Fat Abe:

If it would need her being naked to answer the question if she was worth starting a war, then the answer is "she wasn't"
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd join up with Doc Savage and the Fabulous Five!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #22
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Rivendell (obvious, but true)

A Tour of the Discworld (couldn't choose between Lancre and Ankh Morpork)

Bush tea with Mma Ramotswe at the President Hotel in Gabarone (will be warmer than St Mary Mead, but it was a close thing)

A day on the beat with Jack Spratt and Mary Mary solving Nursery Rhyme Crimes
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Rivendell (obvious, but true)

A Tour of the Discworld (couldn't choose between Lancre and Ankh Morpork)
Oh, defiantly Ankh Morpork! I get off on decadence.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote