Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2024, 03:40 PM   #16
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
As stated in post #11, that does not update the SeriesID. It only updates Series.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:28 AM   #17
Skaak
Skaak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a setting in the device driver configuration to "update purchased books" on the metadata tab. Does setting that make any difference?
I checked, and this setting was admittedly not checked for me in the KoboTouchExtended preferences. I set it, ejected the device, and reconnected it (to ensure the metadata sync occurred; I have trouble getting it to fire off manually outside of connection events). Didn't make any difference (I was successfully able to update the series name prior to this setting being enabled, but despite being named the same--and treated as the same series in Calibre--on the device the books are still shown as in two different, now identically-named series). Thank you for the suggestion, though! Hopefully this setting will make other metadata edits more transparent when I associate purchased books with local Calibre records.
Skaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2024, 01:47 AM   #18
Skaak
Skaak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I've resorted to manually editing the database with SQLiteStudio. I copy the series name into the SeriesID column.

Occasionally a sync will set the SeriesID back to the original one. Annoying, but thankfully it doesn't happen a lot.
After poking around with a bit of trepidation in the .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite file, I was able to successfully match the IDs and merge my books into a single series. Thanks!

I need to figure out who to pester to get this properly implemented in the normal synching behavior; it's vexing that a metadata sync will update the name but not the ID.
Skaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 11:02 PM   #19
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't seen any weird effects of using this SQLite query, but backup first to be safe.

Code:
UPDATE content
SET SeriesID = Series;
Old 06-17-2024, 09:43 AM   #20
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
I haven't seen any weird effects of using this SQLite query, but backup first to be safe.

Code:
UPDATE content
SET SeriesID = Series;
That works if you don't synch with the Kobo store. I don't think you would break anything if you update it with your values, but it would get overwritten next time Kobo synchs the book information.
As for @skaak suggestion of getting it integrated the update of that column in Kobo Utilities, due to Kobo updating it, I don't think it would be practical. I update manually that column putting the values Kobo uses in the store for downloaded books of the same series, and in some cases, I had to let two different values, mostly when I mixed American and UK editions of a series.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2024, 01:51 PM   #21
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Syncing with the store doesn't always reset it. I'm not sure what triggers it to split apart into a dozen series again, though adding a new book to the series sometimes (but not 100%) does it.

Unfortunately, Kobo Utilities is not maintained anymore since davidfor's passing so it's all community patches. My python isn't quite good enough to attempt it myself.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-17-2024 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2024, 04:31 PM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Syncing with the store doesn't always reset it. I'm not sure what triggers it to split apart into a dozen series again, though adding a new book to the series sometimes (but not 100%) does it.

Unfortunately, Kobo Utilities is not maintained anymore since davidfor's passing so it's all community patches. My python isn't quite good enough to attempt it myself.
Can you check in the database the ContentType inside content table for purchased books? Because the query is restricting, I believe, to ContentType=6. If purchased books have other contentType, at least series is not analyzed.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 02:36 AM   #23
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm seeing ContentType=6 on both store books and sideloads.
Old 06-18-2024, 03:07 AM   #24
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Then, in theory, it should update all of them. If I'm able this weekend (or some point this week), I'll try to enable debug and see what's happening with the series.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #25
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I suspect that the SeriesID never gets changed by the Kobo driver or Utilities once it's first set - when changing the name of a sideloaded series and then syncing metadata, the SeriesID remains unmodified.