|
|
#38881 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,542
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
I have one. I designed and built it.
The case is a stock one and has a good hand feel. https://www.serpac.co.uk/ca4-enclosure.html (I use the four button model.) It would take quite a bit of design to come up with something to 3D print that is as comfortable. Full disclosure: I prefer roast turkey to any kind of chicken. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38882 |
|
Bibliophagist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 54,796
Karma: 182340541
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
|
Low and slow or hot and fast?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38883 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,542
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
Right this minute I'm cooking turkey stew.
500 gram turkey schnitzel. I don't like buying the already chopped stuff and I don't like chopping raw turkey. I fill a pot with water and throw the turkey in. I cook them until they're firm, but not necessarily cooked all the way. Then I can dice them up while I cook the barley, onions, celery. Since it's about five days of food I make sure that my fridge is on the lower limit of cold. Once I went to finish the last of a pot and it was bubbling. (I don't have a freezer, but I keep considering a new freezer/fridge.) |
|
|
|
|
|
#38884 | |
|
Resident Curmudgeon
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 85,147
Karma: 153791427
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Roslindale, Massachusetts
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38885 |
|
(he/him/his)
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 12,371
Karma: 81280884
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC
Device: Kobo Libra 2, Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, iPad Air M3
|
This I totally get. I was finally able to buy a refurbished Libra 2 off of the Kobo site. Mostly they show as "Sold Out", but if you keep going back and looking, you might get lucky. Of course you could buy the Libra Colour, but that really doesn't have as good a screen if what you want is to just read, not to play with colours.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38886 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,667
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
None of my Kobos have Bluetooth. Do they make remotes that don't need that?
I'm liking my Libra H2O again. Getting used to the smaller size which is nice because I've been having a lot of pain in my left thumb and that's what I use to hit the button to turn the page. The smaller size is lighter. |
|
|
|
|
|
#38887 |
|
Grand Sorcerer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 11,667
Karma: 18006732
Join Date: Apr 2015
Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
|
I ordered an RF page turner to try out.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38888 |
|
Onyx-maniac
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 4,542
Karma: 22077803
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Germany
Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5, Go6
|
I hope that it works out for you.
I could never stand one of these things that clip on the screen so that it could poke it. Yes, I've tried every remote scheme possible. I've used the equivalent of the clip-on with a small adhesive dot of copper connected to an electronic circuit. I've use a wired button box paralleled into the switches. I've used a wired button box wired into a UART that issued commands to pipe text to an injector daemon. I've used USB devices. Since Bluetooth became standard on devices I've used Bluetooth remotes, keyfobs and foot switches. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness |
| Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| I just have to vent... | lacymarie7575 | Sony Reader | 5 | 08-18-2010 07:59 PM |
| I need to vent! Booksonboard! Ugh! | Mrgauth | News | 25 | 12-17-2009 09:26 AM |
| Why, Oh Why! [RANT] | Vesper | Lounge | 19 | 06-19-2008 11:50 AM |
| Am I allowed to vent here? | sborsody | Which one should I buy? | 25 | 06-12-2007 01:30 PM |