Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Bi11
Bi11 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Loading pictures on a Kobo Vox

I have owned a Vox for nearly one year and have yet to recieve an answer to the following question.

How do i load pictures into a Kobo Vox, either into a folder or Gallery?
Assuming I can load, what application is required to actually view them?

Asking Kobo is like trying to push a rope uphill...

If possible i would appreciate a step buy step answer.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Bill
Bi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I drag and "drop" my folder to the sd card with the Vox attached to the PC. I then use "ES File Explorer" to open the folder and view the images.

Or I use Dropbox where I put my photos in the "photos" folder in Dropbox on my PC and I go get it in the Photos folder in the Dropbox app on my Vox once it has synced with the wireless connection.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
Jackorama
Jackorama began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
I loaded my pictures & home video on to a micro SD card from my computer and inserted it into the Vox. When I opened the Gallery app (that came with the Vox), it automatically scanned and loaded the files from the external SD storage.

If you want to add the files to the internal SD storage, then follow Cdesja5's post. When you open the Gallery app, it should still scan for the files from the internal SD storage.
Jackorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I doubt kobo would answer this as it's an android feature not really a vox issue

but anyway, I just use google picasa, upload my photos to there, they automatically appear on my vox (and other android devices)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
but anyway, I just use google picasa, upload my photos to there, they automatically appear on my vox (and other android devices)
I have Picasa on my laptop. Do you e-mail the photos to yourself or upload them to Picasa's web album? And if you use the web album, how do you access them on the Vox? I've never uploaded anything to Picasa's web album, so I'm not familiar with how that goes. I've put photos on my Vox by e-mailing them to my gmail account and then downloading the attachment through the gmail app on the Vox.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
I have Picasa on my laptop. Do you e-mail the photos to yourself or upload them to Picasa's web album? And if you use the web album, how do you access them on the Vox? I've never uploaded anything to Picasa's web album, so I'm not familiar with how that goes. I've put photos on my Vox by e-mailing them to my gmail account and then downloading the attachment through the gmail app on the Vox.
I upload them straight to picasa (default have the privacy set to only me to view them)

then on vox have the option in settings/accounts/google ticked to say sync picasa albums (later android devices it's just labeled google photos)

on my phone, i also have the option ticked to auto upload photos to picasa, when I have taken some pics, I can go on my vox and the new pics are there without me doing anything

**It does require an internet connection to work, but you can tell it to store them locally if required
Old 10-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
@ paulsalter:

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
You can do the photo uploads (& sync of course) with Dropbox as well if you have chosen to upload photos in the settings. This feature was added last year and it's free specifically for photo uploads (adds any space used for photos to your pre-existing Dropbox limit) as opposed to Picassa which is subscription based above the 1 gb limit.
Dropbox is still offering free space for photo uploads according to their "help"...
https://www.dropbox.com/help/287/en

It also allows you to use the Google photo uploads feature to Dropbox, more details here.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/search?...g=Photo+upload

Last edited by Cdesja5; 10-01-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
paulsalter
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
This feature was added last year and it's free specifically for photo uploads (adds any space used for photos to your pre-existing Dropbox limit) as opposed to Picassa which is subscription based above the 1 gb limit.
This depends on how you want to use it

If you want to store your full size photos online, then Dropbox is the better option as you get more space, upload also does the full size photos (not sure if this is optional)

With Picasa, if you use the web optimised size of photo (upto 2048x2048) when storing pictures there (I only use for sharing, not as a backup), then it is unlimited

I use Dropbox autoupload, just as a backup for my photos I take
I use Picasa autoupload/gallery for sharing pictures (mainly because of unlimited)