Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Angry Calibre 0.7.28 incompatible Kobo touch??

I can't seem to get Calibre 0.7.28 to recognise my new Kobo touch on my Mac running Mac OS 10.4.11

The device shows in the Finder of my Mac but does not show in Calibre.

The Kobo plug-in is enabled in Calibre.

I understand that I cannot have a more recent version of Calibre on my OS.

I have done a factory reset to no avail — in fact I did it twice to no avail.

Is there a solution to this or can someone suggest another software to upload to the Kobo. My problems with Adobe Digital Editions I will post elsewhere, suffice to say it is useless for me.

Thanks for any help,
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Well while you might not be able to use the Kobo plug-in (I am actually suprised that plugin existed in 0.7.28) does the option exist to Save to Disk? If so, just save to the folder that corresponds to the Touch.

Remember there actually is NO need to use Calibre OR ADE; you could (as long as the books are DRM free) copy them directly to the device yourself.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
I can't seem to get Calibre 0.7.28 to recognise my new Kobo touch on my Mac running Mac OS 10.4.11

The device shows in the Finder of my Mac but does not show in Calibre.

The Kobo plug-in is enabled in Calibre.

I understand that I cannot have a more recent version of Calibre on my OS.

I have done a factory reset to no avail — in fact I did it twice to no avail.

Is there a solution to this or can someone suggest another software to upload to the Kobo. My problems with Adobe Digital Editions I will post elsewhere, suffice to say it is useless for me.

Thanks for any help,
Rojofo.
I think this version is too old for any Kobo Touch driver.

You still have 'Save To Disk' (the Kobo as a Drive) available.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks so much PeterT and TheDucks. I have tried "save to disk" (since the Kobo does mount on the Mac) but the Kobo seems "locked" in some strange way. This may be because I cannot access the Kobo desktop software because my OS is too old! sniff!
Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojofo View Post
Thanks so much PeterT and TheDucks. I have tried "save to disk" (since the Kobo does mount on the Mac) but the Kobo seems "locked" in some strange way. This may be because I cannot access the Kobo desktop software because my OS is too old! sniff!
Rojofo.
There are 'Protected areas' that you are not allowed at.
or you could have a file system problem:
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id33
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You should be able to run a newer version of calibre?
Maybe the portable version if you for some reason don't want to remove the one you have?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No; it looks like he has an older Mac, and unfortunately, he can not use a newer build.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre add book