Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #166
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you for saying that igorsk - I certainly don't say favourable things about the Gen3 because I get anything in return for doing so, and I wouldn't like anyone to get the impression that I did so.

To clarify, the name that I use on this board is not the one that I use in the "real world", and I don't use my "MobileRead" e-mail address to send e-mail. Bookeen have no idea who I am in terms of their customer database, so they could not preferentially answer my e-mail even if they wished to do so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #167
pvdv
Enthusiast
pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pvdv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, BeBook Neo
battery drainage

AH! so i'm not the only one who is experiencing faster battery drainage?
(post above by Ortep).

Isn't this an "odd" problem, since Bookeen claims to have improved battery life with the new firmware?
pvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM   #168
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdv View Post
(post above by Ortep).

Isn't this an "odd" problem, since Bookeen claims to have improved battery life with the new firmware?
I've not noticed any change, one way or t'other...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #169
Kingston
Addict
Kingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-booksKingston has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle, Iliad v2 & v1,Gen 3 from NAEB, Sony PRS-505, Jetbook
Quote:
(post above by Ortep).

Rather than taking a Vista-like risk on the new build, I ordered a 2nd Cybook with the new build included.

I'll report back which one is 'better'.

Hopefully I can put 538 on the new unit, if it is as troubling as some posts indicate.
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #170
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:

Write to them (support@bookeen.com) and let them know. They will give you a link to the old software. And they also will know that I'm not an idiot and the only one with this problem.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #171
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
(post above by Ortep).

After living with the update for awhile, I am also noticing faster drain of the battery.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:30 PM   #172
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
I have to say that finding out people are getting replies in 10-30 minutes while I'm waiting days is annoying, to say the least. What subject line do you use when emailing Bookeen? Maybe there's a word or phrase that catches their attention.
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:46 AM   #173
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by momghoti View Post
What subject line do you use when emailing Bookeen?
"Firmware Problem" got me an answer in 29 minutes.

But if they are swamped with messages the simplest thing to do is answer the easy ones immediately with a template message like: Here is you link. Problem solved. The more complicated ones will have to be handled later. And if more easy ones arrive, the complicated ones get pushed further backwards.

I know it is not the correct way, but it is only human to do so.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:32 AM   #174
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Rather than taking a Vista-like risk on the new build, I ordered a 2nd Cybook with the new build included.

I'll report back which one is 'better'.

Hopefully I can put 538 on the new unit, if it is as troubling as some posts indicate.
Hi The new Cybooks do not have the new firmware installed as I just got one!

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:47 AM   #175
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
They have build 674 installed, which is a lot "newer" than the previous build 538, and which appears to include all of the changes and bugs fixed in the update version 685. You can reflash it to 685 if you wish - I did with mine. It works, but I've not noticed any differences compared with 674. Might just as well leave it at 674.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:01 PM   #176
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I know it is not the correct way, but it is only human to do so.
They need someone running their support department that knows how to do support. Support procedures should counteract the human nature you mention above. Support issues should have priorities and expected response and resolve expectations with a pre-set internal escalation procedure.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #177
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
They need someone running their support department that knows how to do support. Support procedures should counteract the human nature you mention above. Support issues should have priorities and expected response and resolve expectations with a pre-set internal escalation procedure.

BOb
They ought to have people at the end of telephone lines / e-mail inboxes, and these persons need to have an empathic nature...
Old 05-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #178
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
They ought to have people at the end of telephone lines / e-mail inboxes, and these persons need to have an empathic nature...
Of course, the need the resources (people) to do the support. Also, they should not confuse support with customer service. But, having procedures in place, and monitoring response times and resolution times is the only thing that off-sets the easy stuff being handled first and the hard stuff being ignored.

I read and article about Zappos customer service:

http://discussionleader.hbsp.com/tay...ployees_t.html

I tell you, that is how you get raving fans. You don't need a perfect product, good enough is ok. But, if you have the best, most out standing customer support the word of mouth and good will is the kind of marketing you could never afford... and providing excellent customer service is much cheaper than marketing and advertising is.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 AM   #179
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Of course, the need the resources (people) to do the support. Also, they should not confuse support with customer service. But, having procedures in place, and monitoring response times and resolution times is the only thing that off-sets the easy stuff being handled first and the hard stuff being ignored.

I read and article about Zappos customer service:

http://discussionleader.hbsp.com/tay...ployees_t.html

I tell you, that is how you get raving fans. You don't need a perfect product, good enough is ok. But, if you have the best, most out standing customer support the word of mouth and good will is the kind of marketing you could never afford... and providing excellent customer service is much cheaper than marketing and advertising is.

BOb
There are a number of customer comments, some favourable - some not, on the blog..only one comment from Bookeen...

We are willing to help, so don't hesitate to re e-mail us for any inquiries.
Our development team is actually studying on an improved way to execute the upgrade file so that you will be able to bypass the SD card.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #180
momghoti
Zealot
momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.momghoti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Bookeen
Bookeen contacted me yesterday (finally). I sent another email, this time to the 'support' address(I had only found the 'contact' one) and waiting until business hours in France. I think that helped a lot, but since they're nine hours off from me it's awkward. They may get so many emails overnight it backs up and they catch up as they can around incoming messages, but if it's busy they never get to all of them. How about it? Do the people getting quick responses email during business hours for them?
momghoti is offline   Reply With Quote