Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Is your PC ready for Sony Reader?
Yes 12 70.59%
No 1 5.88%
One of my PCs needs upgrade 0 0%
other (I use Mac, or use no Windows OS etc.) 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2006, 04:52 AM   #1
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Is your PC ready for Sony Reader?

I'm not sure... But do you know, your PC should have:

System Requirements
Operating System: Windows® XP (Home Edition/Professional, Media Center Edition, Media Center Edition 2004, Media Center Edition 2005)
Processor: 800MHz Celeron® class processor or better
RAM: 128MB Minimum
Hard Drive: 20MB9 Minimum availible Hard Drive space
Optical Drive: Optical Drive capable of reading CD-ROM
USB Port: USB 1.1 or faster port
Internet Connection: Broadband suggested

According to:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/%20I...ductSKU=PRS500

And I have found no word now about Sony Reader's processor and memory... It was there before (as far as I remember, 200MHz, 64Mb)

Last edited by TaKir; 09-23-2006 at 05:00 AM.
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My PC is ready, though as I am shifting towards Linux these days, I wish Sony would remove the OS requirement.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
For the hardware that would be fine but it's hard building good software without knowing the OS
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I have a hunch that the software will be like ITunes. You'll build a library and it will help convert what you have if you have the propriety software ex: Word for Rtf.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote