Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #1
NealW
NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!NealW , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I neeeeeeed help (just look at those 'e's)

I wonder if anyone here could help me. I have written a book of short stories; gone through the dark forest of Upload (I am technolexic) and the title is sitting there on Amazon Kindle US and Smashwords but it is staring back at me as I admire it, all alone, no customers are passing by with more than a blind eye and an ear full of cement.

So, eventually, my question is: does anyone know my next move? (probably a dance of Satan's marketing Inc)

I would be ever so grateful for input however stupid or brilliant.

Thanks from a stuck pig

Neal
NealW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hi Neal and welcome!

The first thing to do is to go to the right place:

Ebook General > Deals, Freebies and Resources

and make an announcement there, or you can cut straight to the shameless self-promotion thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76829

Next, you should put a link in your signature so people can find your Smashwords page, maybe with some brief info. about your book.

Then you should set up some sort of online presence of your own, like a Web site or a blog. Google have just upgraded Blogger with a whole set of neat new tools, and of course it's free. Your site can inform readers and would-be readers about your work and let them interact with you and each other.

After that, it's a question of how much self promotion you want to do. There's a fine line between letting the world know you exist and spamming ... cross it at your peril!

Hope some of this helps.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Writers' forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The suggestions posted thus far are good ones.

However, I can tell you that the most important thing to do first is this:

1.) Please read our POSTING GUIDELINES.

2.) Second: CONTRIBUTE TO OUR COMMUNITY.

Don't forget: HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Robin O'Neill
Connoisseur
Robin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitRobin O'Neill with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PC
Write another book. The more books you have, the better the chance readers will find you.

Robin
Robin O'Neill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
Stay involved! Post on boards. Talk to people on facebook. Blog. Build a website. And most importantly -- give us a REASON to buy your book. Present a professional, compelling product, and people will buy. Good luck!
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marketing an ebook