Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-17-2022, 03:24 PM   #1
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
Can you generate a list of your purchased Amazon books for export?

Howdy, folks. I think the answer is no, not easily, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

I found a couple of old files of mine that were complete lists of
--all the books (physical and e-books) I bought from Amazon
--all the e-books I bought from Amazon.

I thought it would be nice to update these files with all the books I have purchased in the meantime, I but can find no way to generate/export such a list from Amazon. Googling around, it seems there is no easy way to do so. I found one procedure where you grab the HTML code for each page of your books listed in your Amazon digital content, put in a parser, and get a text version. That’s more tedium than I am interested in right now.

I have no recollection of how I created these files, but it was done back in 2013, so maybe this is a capability since removed by Amazon.

thanks, bws
bubbas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
You can export a .csv file with physical purchases (Order History Reports) from your Account page. That should include any physical books you’ve purchased.

For digital books, you can install Kindle for PC or Mac, register, and Sync. After you do this, there will be a file named KindleSyncMetadataCache.xml in a user application data folder. It loads directly into Excel (and maybe Libre Office etc.) and will list everything in your Kindle library (including Kindle Unlimited titles and Library loans). There are free tools to convert xml to csv if that helps get it in a form you can work with.

Last edited by tomsem; 02-18-2022 at 01:24 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2022, 05:59 PM   #3
bubbas45
bubbas45 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Touch, Kindle Fire, Kindle 2, Galaxy S3
Thanks!
bubbas45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 07:26 AM   #4
newuser123
newuser123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
You can export a .csv file with physical purchases (Order History Reports) from your Account page. That should include any physical books you’ve purchased.

For digital books, you can install Kindle for PC or Mac, register, and Sync. After you do this, there will be a file named KindleSyncMetadataCache.xml in a user application data folder. It loads directly into Excel (and maybe Libre Office etc.) and will list everything in your Kindle library (including Kindle Unlimited titles and Library loans). There are free tools to convert xml to csv if that helps get it in a form you can work with.
That worked perfectly and as you said, Excel opens it and you can sort how you want.
newuser123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 07:29 PM   #5
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad

I needed a list of everything in my 9000 strong Kindle library and it was taking all day to try to load then copy it from the Kindle cloud reader to a text editor and then into excel.

I figured there had to be a better way and found this thread. With the help of my more tech knowledgeable DH, I had an Excel list in 15 minutes.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2023, 09:32 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Note this is not available with the new Amazon Kindle app for Mac (at least I have not figured out where it is yet).

I've re-downloaded Kindle Classic just so I can do this one thing (until they pull the plug on it).

Last edited by tomsem; 10-14-2023 at 10:06 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 06:16 PM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Among the information supplied to people that request a copy of their personal information held by amazon is their amazon supplied ebooks.

They send it all in a single zip file. Mine had over 2400 files and directories. ebook info, like other info, is spread across several multicolumn csv files. ebooks show up in more than one place and no file contains only ebooks since they are lumped in with other digital items.

Presumably someone could write a script or even calibre plugin to exploit the list any way desired. It probably isn't convenient to make new requests very often, but it may be useful for retrieving a large history.

As examples, Digital/Digital-Ordering.1/Digital\ Items.csv has:
Code:
ASIN,Title,OrderId,DigitalOrderItemId,DeclaredCountryCode,BaseCurrencyCode,FulfilledDate,IsFulfilled,Marketplace,OrderDate,OriginalQuantity,OurPrice,OurPriceCurrencyCode,OurPriceTax,OurPriceTaxCurrencyCode,SellerOfRecord,Publisher,ThirdPartyDisplayPrice,ThirdPartyDisplayCurrencyCode,ListPriceAmount,ListPriceCurrencyCode,ListPriceTaxAmount,ListPriceTaxCurrencyCode,GiftItem,OrderingCustomerNickname,GiftCustomerNickname,GiftMessage,GiftEmail,RecipientEmail,GiftRedemption,ItemMergedFromAnotherOrder,QuantityOrdered,ItemFulfilled,ShipFrom,ShipTo,IsOrderEligibleForPrimeBenefit,OfferingSKU,FulfillmentMobileNumber,RechargeAmount,RechargeAmountCurrencyCode,SubscriptionOrderInfoList,PreviouslyPaidDigitalOrderItemId,PreviouslyPaidOrderId,InstallmentOurPrice,InstallmentOurPricePlusTax,DigitalOrderItemAttributes,InstallmentOurPriceCurrencyCode,InstallmentOurPricePlusTaxCurrencyCode
Actually, the above file looks like the only one useful for building a list of books with titles, but note that none of the plethora of columns is author..
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 03:00 AM   #8
appmakersupreme
appmakersupreme began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Lightbulb Get your list of Kindle books easily

I made a Chrome extension to solve this problem: Kindle Book List Exporter

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gmldhaejjiejbo

You can now get a csv/spreadsheet file in 1 click. You can open this file in Excel easily.

Please let me know if it works for you.
appmakersupreme is offline   Reply With Quote