Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-02-2023, 01:29 AM   #1
artistsansmedium
artistsansmedium began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Cover thumbnail won't show in Kindle library until I open the book for the first time

It just shows as an icon with "DOC" written across it, like a Word doc. The cover thumbnail image WILL appear after opening it the first time then going back to the library, but never the first time it appears in the Kindle library after sending it via email (I am not side-loading).

Note that this book is not yet published on Amazon... Is that why the cover image doesn't appear as soon as the book shows up in the library? Maybe Kindle is trying to fetch the thumbnail online rather than reading it out of the local file? (But why?)

I am sending this epub out as ARCs to readers, so would be great if I could fix this without needing to publish the book first.
artistsansmedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 02:19 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert