Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2023, 09:23 PM   #1
HugoLover
HugoLover began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Book percentage on sleep screen/number of pages left in chapter

I’m a long term kobo user who recently got a Kindle to read Kindle Unlimited books. Now having used both I have to say the Kobo seems superior. The reason I say this is that the Kobo shows the percentage read on the sleep screen. Also, on the reading pages it has both the pages in the entire book AND the number of pages remaining in the chapter.

I find myself struggling to get used to why I’d want the amount of minutes left in the chapter instead of the amount of pages left in the chapter or remaining in the book without it showing the total amount.

Are any of the above noted things something that kindle will be changing in the future?
HugoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:47 PM   #2
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe and Libra Colour
I strongly agree - this is something I really dislike about kindle compared to kobo. Seeing page x of y is relatable and meaningful. Minutes left is utterly meaningless, unless you read at precisely the same pace on each page, and do not put the kindle down to do something else. I also love the option to see the percentage read on the Lock Screen. Omg my iPad keeps capitalizing Lock Screen and I have tried to retype it so many times but it keeps reverting, so I'm leaving it.

I also really miss the progress bar from Kobo (which the Kindle used to have, about eight years ago). I keep hoping Amazon will fix these things, but they haven’t yet.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert