Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2022, 03:34 AM   #1
WordsOnPaper
WordsOnPaper began at the beginning.

Device: Elipsa
Text in advanced notebook and on PDF flashing

Hey guys

Thank you to all who have come up with solutions to others on the board.

So after upgrading to 4.32.19501 letters have been flashing briefly so that the background was visible after being written in the advanced notebook.

This has seemed to occur only one time per letter(s) briefly after it or they were written.

It also happened in the ordinary notebook and annotations on PDF.

It persisted after reboot.

Please write your suggestions for a solution.

The device was factory resetted manually before the upgrade and setup using Wifi.

Support suggested factory reset and then using computer to setup but I haven't wanted to do that and support wrote something along the lines that this step had to be tried first and wouldn't suggest an alternative.

Last edited by WordsOnPaper; 05-05-2022 at 03:37 AM.
WordsOnPaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:42 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordsOnPaper View Post
Support suggested factory reset and then using computer to setup but I haven't wanted to do that and support wrote something along the lines that this step had to be tried first and wouldn't suggest an alternative.
Support **always** wants you to nuke your install. Always. And they won't work with you unless you do, as you've discovered. I've thought of lying to them and claim that I reset but I don't know if they can see whether I register a kobo to their server or just relog in. I figure it isn't worth the bother to try to trick them. So I factory reset as asked.

As for the flashing, are you sure this isn't just the normal eInk refresh? I've noticed that note taking on my Elipsa calls for a lot of screen refreshing. Also, I have found the note taking process to still be very buggy. 4.32.x made some great improvements, but there may not be any solution for what you're reporting other than waiting for Kobo to keep improving the experience. In short, I'm suggesting it isn't your device at fault, but Kobo's firmware.

Be careful with support. Those guys are reset happy. I have better results on the phone than with the online chat. Those online chat guys want me to reset my Kobo even when I'm trying to report a bug. They don't listen very well. Good luck!
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2022, 09:20 AM   #3
WordsOnPaper

The problem was resolved at least in advanced notebook after the charging cable was unplugged, have not tried PDF and ordinary notebook.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:18 AM   #4
WordsOnPaper

I apologize for using the word "problem".