Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-03-2021, 09:37 AM   #1
curiousDave
curiousDave began at the beginning.

Device: none
Metadata not found

It's a quiet Sunday morning so I thought I would update some Calibre entries, including adding some metadata. I immediately ran into a new, to me at least, error; "ERROR: No matches found"
The process was: Right click Book Title >Edit Metadata >Edit metadata individually >Download metadata > "error: no matches found"
A quick web search shows the book(s) in question definitely exist, exist on Amazon, have the same title and author as in the Calibre file (and spelled exactly the same).
As an example, here is the Amazon page for "How To Rerpair Briggs and Stratton Engines, 4th Ed.
https://www.amazon.com/How-Repair-Br...3264711&sr=8-1

Am I doing something wrong?
P.S. I apologize if this has already been covered, but the forum is getting so long it is difficult to search every instance. (I don't have a clue how that could be simplified.)
curiousDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is the Amazon metadata plugin configured for the same country you searched?
Preferences: plugins: (expand)Metadata source:Amazon:click Customize

Having a few (Logical for your Library usage) sources enabled, will give you a better chance of results and covers (you can set the priority for cover selection )
Preferences: Metadata Download:
There are a ton of ways this can be fine tuned.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #3
McStubb
Connoisseur
McStubb began at the beginning.

Device: None
Yeah, I tend to use a 3/4 pass system to update metadata.
1) Run all books thru with Amazon, Goodreads, and Google Books
2/B) Find all books missing covers, and run a cover search for them, (First full automatic, then manual for any covers I dont think work)
3) Run all books thru Goodreads only
4) Run all books thru with Amazon, Goodreads, and Google Books

Then the de-duplication and moving to primary library happens. Having metadata IDs (ISBN, Google Books ID, ect) loaded helps with the searching.
McStubb is offline   Reply With Quote