Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 08:36 PM   #1
seastar
seastar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara HD says , "hi."

Dear kind, ereader people,
Since I inherited 100 classic ebooks from Sony of yore, I bought the Clara HD. ...long story. Please bear with me... The books are on My Kobo Clara HD reader now. It is a good screen. But I went into full geek and tried to hook up
Adobe Digital Editions with neighbor's Windows 10 device and The
Kobo Clara HD. It would not transport me to glee with the successful transfer of a ACSM file. That unlikely combo did transfer exactly one PDF of mine. Now the
Clara HD reader will not appear as a mounted volume on anything. I have installed the Kobo app from --shudder-- Microsoft App Store. I haven't tried to load a book from that Kobo e store. It just bothers me, and my ego is insulted after ADE was so sketchy. And now side load from anything other than the Kobo estore is not possible.
----------------------------------
Bottom line... is that normal? Or should I return that Clara HD ereader? I wanted to escape the ama-word world ebookstore.
Thank you for bearing with me.

P.S. please kindly me direct me to a resource or a discussion where this missive is appropriate.

Sincerely,
"S."
seastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:24 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi seastar and welcome to MobileRead.

I’ve asked our very helpful moderators to point you in the right direction to work your issue
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 05:30 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Try the Kobo forum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote