Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
n0k0m3
n0k0m3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
How to backup for updates

How to backup plugins and tools for update? Everytime I update I need to write down the list of installed plugins and tools on a piece of paper then look online to reDL each of them and reinstall after update.
n0k0m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0k0m3 View Post
How to backup plugins and tools for update? Everytime I update I need to write down the list of installed plugins and tools on a piece of paper then look online to reDL each of them and reinstall after update.
Paper and pencil is a very good way.
Why?
The versions of what you where running before the update may not be suitable for the updated version.
You would have to check each one before re-installing the add-in.

You do remember that MrPI is a "batch installer", correct?
Put all packages into the MrPI package directory, trigger MrPI, done.

Last edited by knc1; 05-27-2019 at 09:30 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Personally, I just keep a permanent folder on my PC containing all my add-ins. Takes up less than 200MB. That amounts to around 2.4 cents of SSD space or 0.6 cents of HDD space.

After a firmware update, I check NiLuJe's snapshots, JB hotfix and github (KOReader and LibrarianSync) if anything new has been released since my last add-ons download and update the folder as needed. Granted, this works better for me since I often have multiple devices that need updating.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
n0k0m3
n0k0m3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The versions of what you where running before the update may not be suitable for the updated version.
Exactly one of the reason I'm doing this the analog way. The problem is sometimes (correct me if I'm wrong), the order of installing Mrpi packages matter and I have to fiddle around to find the correct order, which is a PITA (should've log the order each time but nah I'm too lazy for that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Personally, I just keep a permanent folder on my PC containing all my add-ins. Takes up less than 200MB. That amounts to around 2.4 cents of SSD space or 0.6 cents of HDD space.
Good point, will do that from now, thanks for the suggestion.
n0k0m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0k0m3 View Post
Exactly one of the reason I'm doing this the analog way. The problem is sometimes (correct me if I'm wrong), the order of installing Mrpi packages matter and I have to fiddle around to find the correct order, which is a PITA (should've log the order each time but nah I'm too lazy for that)
MRPI already takes proper installation order into account.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, and if you do find something that appears to get ordered wonkily, that'd be a bug, and I'd like to hear about it .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote