Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #1
zakropotch
zakropotch began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Multiple Calibre Installations in Windows 10 Program and Features

Hello,

I have Windows 10 and in my "Programs and Features", there are multiple installations of Calibre which I can't find a way to get rid of. I've attached an image of my Windows 10, "Program and Features" window showing all the installations. To the right of the image, I've pasted the different screens I get in sequential order when I try to uninstall any of the Calibre installs.

At present, I had uninstalled Calibre previously so all these different installations are looking for a program that's no longer there. I've also tried reinstalling Calibre then uninstalling however the uninstall process only removed this most recent Calibre install and not the rest.

How do I get rid of these other installs showing up and completely remove Calibre from my system?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre-Multiple-Installations.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	682.4 KB
ID:	162944  
zakropotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't even know how you managed to do that

Calibre only installs (programs) in one of 2 places which depends on if you installed the 64bit or 32bit versions (both can exist on W10)

In all the times I have upgraded (W7,W10) I have never seen that effect.
Something is blocking the registry revision of installed programs.
A Registry cleaner as a cure?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

It must be something peculiar to your install process.
  • What is the D: drive? Windows thinks its a network drive.
  • What or who created the directory on drive D: named "Items downloaded from browsers to be erased afterwards".
  • Do you install calibre 64 bit in a 'non-standard' location, i.e. not in %systemdrive%\Program Files\Calibre2?
  • Into which folders do you download, and do you install from there.
  • Do you install programs using a 3rd party installer rather than the Windows installer?
  • After installing what do you do with the .msi file?

But as theducks said, a registry cleaner should help remove the invalid entries.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote