Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
maddhin
maddhin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Elegant way to get cover in pdf?

Hi,

I have a couple of pdfs which start at the first page etc = do not include the cover = looks "ugly" when used on a reader.

The solution I saw in the forums for this is to covert from pdf to pdf and therefore include the cover etc.

BUT, this solution has the disadvantage that it changes the pdf according to the preferences. Some pdfs are actually "destroyed" this way or loose things like page numbers etc pp.

Is there a elegant solution to just add the cover to the existing pdf? Like a plug-in? That would be super!

The only solution I found now is to use Adobe (or similar) to add the cover as first page. But I am a bit worried to mess with the files directly. Plus it is not very but still cumbersome to do this in Adobe.

Opinions? Ideas?
maddhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
I had the same question and I found the solution in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134183

Here's a step-by-step guide
  1. Select PDFs in list
  2. Press E (with multiple selected this is the same as "Edit metadata in bulk")
  3. Set "Change cover" to "Set from e-book files"
  4. Press OK
  5. Wait (it will take a while)
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert