Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Amazon Prime No Rush Credits

I'm not sure where to ask this question but does anyone understand the Amazon Prime No Rush Credits?

We took one for the first time yesterday and it mentioned Digital Music. Today when we googled how to see the credit on our Account when we selected the link that came up it said Instant Video.

We have rang Amazon and gotton nowhere. At this rate i'd rather have the prime shipping
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
pdurrant knows how it works in the UK. Hopefully he'll see this and offer advice.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2015, 09:51 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
pdurrant knows how it works in the UK. Hopefully he'll see this and offer advice.
Thanks Harry
Old 11-28-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm not sure where to ask this question but does anyone understand the Amazon Prime No Rush Credits?

We took one for the first time yesterday and it mentioned Digital Music. Today when we googled how to see the credit on our Account when we selected the link that came up it said Instant Video.

We have rang Amazon and gotton nowhere. At this rate i'd rather have the prime shipping
Check the email they sent you for that credit. It states which content it's valid for. I'm in the US and this is from the email they sent me for my last credit in Sep:

Quote:
You are receiving this credit because you selected No-Rush Shipping on your recent Prime order. You can use this $1 credit towards eligible Kindle Books, Amazon Music downloads, or the rental or purchase of eligible movies or TV shows from Amazon Instant Video.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Check the email they sent you for that credit. It states which content it's valid for. I'm in the US and this is from the email they sent me for my last credit in Sep:
Even though the item has shipped we haven't received an email yet.
Advert
Old 11-29-2015, 03:29 AM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
o when the item Ships that's when you get the email notice. Check your junk emails!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 03:36 AM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
o when the item Ships that's when you get the email notice. Check your junk emails!
Nothing in my junk emails, not even at the server end. I think Amazon are so swamped with orders the emails are delayed.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:25 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I've just found emails on my Account at Amazon, I never knew they were there but there are 7 emails we have not yet recieved including the one about what we can use the no rush credits on.

At least I know where to find them now. No idea why we aren't actually receiving them but can only assume it's a problem with our ISP although I have checked webmail and they are not there either.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
How does one check the promotional credit balance? I thought it may be this link, but it shows credit for video/mp3 and zero for kindle editions. Perhaps kindle editions does not mean ebooks and the credit for mp3/video also works for ebooks?

And does 'select ebooks' mean that that the credits don't work for some ebooks? The problem here is that when you purpose ebooks, there is no summary screen before the actual purchase but it goes through 1-click. So there is no way to check if the credits are applicable or not. I recently bought an ebook and noticed later that my credits were not used, which was a first for me.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:44 AM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
How does one check the promotional credit balance? I thought it may be this link, but it shows credit for video/mp3 and zero for kindle editions. Perhaps kindle editions does not mean ebooks and the credit for mp3/video also works for ebooks?

And does 'select ebooks' mean that that the credits don't work for some ebooks? The problem here is that when you purpose ebooks, there is no summary screen before the actual purchase but it goes through 1-click. So there is no way to check if the credits are applicable or not. I recently bought an ebook and noticed later that my credits were not used, which was a first for me.
I think yes on the first question.
Second question is also a yes.
Was the book you bought from one of the big publishers?
You cannot use digital credits on them.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:

The value showed under video credits is also your Kindle credit. MP3 credit will include that amount but might have additional credit for MP3s only, so it's the video credit that's good for ebooks.

In buying an ebook, look for "Sold by Amazon Digital Services." The credit works on those.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #12
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In buying an ebook, look for "Sold by Amazon Digital Services." The credit works on those.
You're right. I now see that the book in question is sold by the publisher. This also solves the mystery why the ebook is not mentioned on the physical book's page, which is sold by amazon.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:35 PM   #13
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:

This is why I hate one click. It should be illegal for Amazon to not tell you how much you have to pay until after the payment is made.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:26 PM   #14
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is why I hate one click. It should be illegal for Amazon to not tell you how much you have to pay until after the payment is made.
I dislike one-click, too!

I had 249 Amazon Coins remaining the other day, and I decided to spend them before they expire. I bought an app worth 248 coins. Instead of taking the entire amount from my coin balance (like it said they would on the product page!), Amazon used $2.00 from digital credits I was saving toward a $9.99 e-book and 48 from my coin balance! I wouldn't have purchased the app at that particular time if I'd known that. Oh well.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:50 PM   #15
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I dislike one-click, too!

I had 249 Amazon Coins remaining the other day, and I decided to spend them before they expire. I bought an app worth 248 coins. Instead of taking the entire amount from my coin balance (like it said they would on the product page!), Amazon used $2.00 from digital credits I was saving toward a $9.99 e-book and 48 from my coin balance! I wouldn't have purchased the app at that particular time if I'd known that. Oh well.
Your coins won't expire if you purchased any app using coins within the last year. Since 48 were used you're good for another year.

Quote:
2.5 Expiration Dates; Application of Coins. Purchased Coins do not expire. Promotional Coins expire one year after the later of the date we give them to you or the date you last purchased or redeemed Coins. When you make a purchase with Coins, any Promotional Coins you have will be applied first, followed by your Purchased Coins.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201434520
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote