Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question book view and spacing constuctcts - height x%

i came across this construct recently:

each chapter uses an empty div after the chapter title, & before the 1st text line
<div class="calibre_9"></div>

where the stylesheet definition is

.calibre_9 {
display: block;
height: 10%
}

on readers, this renders as a white space spacing of 10% of the reader page ( I think)

I guess sigil's book view can't do that because it is not really rendering page views ?

so in book view I see no space at all.

is there any alternative way of coding this that would show up in book view as well as on reader screens ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
i came across this construct recently:

each chapter uses an empty div after the chapter title, & before the 1st text line
<div class="calibre_9"></div>

where the stylesheet definition is

.calibre_9 {
display: block;
height: 10%
}

on readers, this renders as a white space spacing of 10% of the reader page ( I think)

I guess sigil's book view can't do that because it is not really rendering page views ?

so in book view I see no space at all.

is there any alternative way of coding this that would show up in book view as well as on reader screens ?
I suspect this is the 'Empty' tag issue that a space will fix

<div class="calibre_9">&nbsp;</div>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
Only by chance. The behaviour is undefined (because the containing block has no natural width) and might be anything. Don't rely on it, life would be too easy if it worked

There's simply no way to reliably and spec-compliantly refer to the screen height in ePub 2.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i tried adding a space. Book view then gives one blank line.
opening the book in ADE on PC, (without the newly added space ) there does appear to be some % space allocation, however.
calibre reader - no space ( same as sigil)
I guess because both those viewers just scroll the whole chapter, they have no way to interpret height: 10%

I asked google for the CSS rule, but it did not find me a good explanaiton of what we are requesting 10% of , in this code.

Its only in a single book though, & I only looked at the code to find out why I was seeing so much white space on my reader.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote