Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
joshualee1983cn
joshualee1983cn began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
My DR1000s breaks down!

Serval days before, the 3 led indicators of the left side senior and the right led indicator of the middle senior of my DR1000s suddenly lighted up themselves, and the top led quickly flashed in red color. I tried to reboot the machine, in the booting process, this situation appeared again and the machine can not boot successfully. I tried many times, it only can boot when I kept putting my finger on the middle button in the middle senior, and after booting, that problem may happen at any time. And, the machine continue to use battery after turned off. And after turned off for a while, the top led began to flash in red. I guess it's serious hardware problem. I opened a ticket on irex support and I am now waiting for the response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP4203.JPG
Views:	376
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	24048  
joshualee1983cn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
bazmi
Enthusiast
bazmi began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr 1000s, sony prs 700, 505, iliad BE. N800, SL6000, SL3200...
good luck. sometimes on my machine the buttons stay lit after a press and then none would respond. but a reset fixes the problem. doesnt happen very often but murphy's law applies.
bazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2009, 04:20 AM   #3
joshualee1983cn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazmi View Post
good luck. sometimes on my machine the buttons stay lit after a press and then none would respond. but a reset fixes the problem. doesnt happen very often but murphy's law applies.
oh, some weeks ago that's exactly what happened on mine, but it may become worse and worse, and, finally, like this, not able to reboot.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I think, that the LEDs are an error indicator for the engineers. So i assume, they will help to locate a specific problem, which might not have anything to do with the sensors.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I agree with Tribble. Open a ticket on their tech support site. From what they've said in the past, the combination of lights that stay on is an error indication. They'll ask you in the ticket which lights are on, and that will tell them what the problem is.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #6
joshualee1983cn

Oh, they sent me a return box and my reader is returned and being repaired. They said that a lot of machines are waiting for repairing, so I may need to wait 2 or 3 weeks. They will change the whole motherboard for me.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 AM   #7
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
I had to send my DR1000S in for repair 4 weeks ago. It took them more than a week and half to send me a Return box. In fact, when I asked about it a week after logging the call they basically told me they had not send it yet so my guess is that they can only send one when one arrives back to them. Now they've had my DR1000S since february 24 and I still have not heard back from them since. And how come so many are in repair ? I know for a fact that mine did not drop and yet the device suddenly became useless because the SD Card reader broke (well that's what I've deduced to be the problem myself). They were going to replace my motherboard too... they might as well just send a new device... ah but maybe those are in short supply too.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote