Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Bebook mini
Azerty keyboard ?

Hello,

is it possible to configure the keyboard on the h2o as a azerty keyboard and not a qwerty ? It's not a big problem but it's a little bit annoying.

Thanks
hannah
hannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I get an AZERTY keyboard when I set French as the language in the settings. I don't think you can set the keyboard type independently from the device language.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 04:27 AM   #3
hannah
Zealot
hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello thanks for your answer.

I tested french as language and then the keyboard is azerty.
But when my language is set to dutch I get a qwerty. Most dutchspeaking people here normally use an azerty keyboard so can it be a bug ?
Old 03-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I had a look in the config file. The locale is set to nl_NL when I select "Nederlands" as the language. When I look on the web, I see that there are two likely locales, nl_NL and nl_BE. As Belgium seems to use AZERTY, I tried to set that, but it didn't change the keyboard.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #5
hannah
Zealot

thanks for looking david.
Do you think I should report this as a bug ?

I didn't realise people used qwerty in the Netherlands, here in belgium it's mostly azerty.
Advert
Old 03-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah View Post
thanks for looking david.
Do you think I should report this as a bug ?

I didn't realise people used qwerty in the Netherlands, here in belgium it's mostly azerty.
You can raise it as a bug with Kobo, but I don't think they will do anything. My reaction when you said AZERTY and Netherlands, was surprise. My understanding was they used QWERTY and we have had a few active Dutch users and I don't remember any comments about the keyboard. As Kobo have a limited language choice and no national choices, I expect they will respond that QWERTY is the most likely choice.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 AM   #7
hannah
Zealot

For the keyboards I did a bit of research and Nederland uses qwerty, Belgium, as I thought Azerty.
But you're probably right about kobo, dutchspeaking Belgium is not a lot of people compared with other countries, and ebooks and ereaders are not very common here.

It's a pity because I really liked having the ereader set to dutch, but the qwerty is annoying.

Last edited by hannah; 03-26-2015 at 04:22 AM.