Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
pmw51
pmw51 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 7"
Kindle fire battery

I was using my kindle fire last night when it died and am presuming that the battery went flat (I had failed to notice).

I am trying to charge using the charger for my original kindle but don't know if the device is actually charging.

I have tested the charger and it is in working order.

I went onto the Amazon site which tells you to scroll up and click more to confirm charging is happening. However when I do that the device switches on for about a second and then switches off. So I am unable to check.

Amazon also refers to a light on the device which shows it is charging. This light is on my original device but not on the kindle fire.

It has been charging for about 2 hrs.

Does the above sound normal if indeed the battery was completely flat.

Thanks
pmw51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
You need this charger:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle-...e+Fire+Charger

The original charger will not work properly.

You also need this app:

http://www.amazon.com/GSam-Battery-M...words=gsam+app

It will show when your Kindle Fire is charging and when the charging is complete. The Kindle Fire does not have an external charging LED like other Kindles.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmw51 View Post
I was using my kindle fire last night when it died and am presuming that the battery went flat (I had failed to notice).

I am trying to charge using the charger for my original kindle but don't know if the device is actually charging.

I have tested the charger and it is in working order.

I went onto the Amazon site which tells you to scroll up and click more to confirm charging is happening. However when I do that the device switches on for about a second and then switches off. So I am unable to check.

Amazon also refers to a light on the device which shows it is charging. This light is on my original device but not on the kindle fire.

It has been charging for about 2 hrs.

Does the above sound normal if indeed the battery was completely flat.

Thanks
The Fire has a light (led) in the power button. When the Fire is charging then the light is amber, when the charge is complete the light turns green. The original charger (white) works fine, but is slower than the newer one (black) If the light is not working, then you're not charging and you should contact Kindle support.

I'd first try leaving it overnight on the charger.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-11-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: oops...
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
pmw51
pmw51 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 7"
Thanks for the above but my Kindle Fire does not have a light (though my original Kindle does). Is it because I bought mine from Amazon UK (I live in England)
pmw51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Thanks for the above but my Kindle Fire does not have a light (though my original Kindle does). Is it because I bought mine from Amazon UK (I live in England)
As alansplace said, the light is IN the power on/off button. All Fires have it. It only 'lights' when you are charging...it is either green for fully charged, or amber for charging.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Fire HD?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
As alansplace said, the light is IN the power on/off button. All Fires have it. It only 'lights' when you are charging...it is either green for fully charged, or amber for charging.
Perhaps you have a Fire HD and neglected saying so? Anyway, maybe this link will help.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201119640

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
My HD has no light How ever when plugged in you should be able to turn it on. The look at the top pull down screen Next to the WiFi symbol should be a batter with a z in it telling you its charging. You want to know how much go into setting & turn on the % that number will be next to the battery symbol. BTW Plugging Fire int a computer to charge Does work needs to be plugged int a Wall socket with the adaptor!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote