Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I want "Oliver Wiswell," and I'm tired of waiting!

I read this Kenneth Roberts novel a long time ago, and I would really like to read it again. I demand that the author's estate get their act together!

After all, most of his other work has finally made it to ebook!

I demand this now!

Right now, I tell ya!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Me too!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
gunbad
Zealot
gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gunbad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
"Northwest Passage" is my favorite. Sadly not in ebook yet. Thanks for reminding me of this author

I think I'll start with his available ebooks and wait for the rest to follow.
gunbad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
bfisher
Wizard
bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Galaxy (Aldiko, Kobo app)
Is this legitimate? It seems odd.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/oliv...=2940020469082
bfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It does seem a bit fishy. The "Publisher" listed is the original publisher and hasn't been known by that name since 1946. The ebook has a pub date of 1970 which can't be right. Combine that with no kind of cover image and things do seem odd. I "bought" it since it's free thinking I'd take a look at the actual book for copyright info and stuff, but even though it shows up in my library on the website the download button isn't working (which seems to happen off and on a lot with B&N).

EDIT: It won't download in the Win 8 Metro app either.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-24-2014 at 10:55 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

I got this because it was on a legitimate website and also because I wanted to test it. Plus, it was free.

It doesn't work. It won't open on my iPad. It says there's a problem with the file.

When I put it in calibre, as an alternative, it wouldn't open either.

I deleted it.

This is an apparently bogus file. That's about all I know.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just bought it to see if it would download and install to my Nook HD+. It showed up as ready to download. When I touch the screen to start the download it starts and then goes back to zero downloaded. Deleted from Nook and B & N.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just emailed B & N about this and will post as soon as I get their answer.
Apache
Old 07-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I just emailed B & N about this and will post as soon as I get their answer.
Apache

Thanks, Apache.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Apache
Readaholic

They asked to restart my HD+ and if that did not work to move the book to the Nook Cloud and then download it again. Neither worked. Waiting on their response...............again.
Apache
Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Apache
Readaholic

Next email asked me to make sure I had the newest update. I do and am now waiting for their next reply.
Apache
Old 07-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

....keep us informed, please.

I would really like to read it (assuming it's even in a readable format)!

It's probably some horribly converted scanned PDF.

And, it's probably not even legal!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:59 PM   #13
Apache
Readaholic

The last email I have received was at 2:13 PM. I am still waiting for their next move. I can not even download it to my computer.
Apache
Old 07-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #14
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Any trips to Canada planned? Public domain.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Any trips to Canada planned? Public domain.

I'll book my flight right now.