Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #1
Odins_child
Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
reinstalling firmware

Is it possible to reinstall the firmware on my kindle keyboard 2nd gen? I've tried dropping firmware 2.5.7 and 2.5.8 into the root folder, but it doesn't give me the option to update the firmware like it did my Paperwhite. I bought this used on craigslist and the girl i bought it from failed to tell me that it had a few issues (I get the popup that says battery is critical even if it has been fully charged and usage time is maybe 30-60 minutes. It will completely freeze up on me, forcing me to hold the switch for 20 secs to restart it. It also has a hard time connecting to the computer, i have to completely shut down my computer, and turn it back on again before the computer will recognize it. The amber/green light won't even come on until i do that)

If i am able to reinstall the firmware, do you think it will help? If not, what other things can i try to get it back to good working order? I'd like to gift it to my mom, as she wants to get back into reading, but don't want to give it to her if she has to fight with it all the time.
Odins_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Have you tried reset to factory setting? Press home, then menu, then settings, then menu again and it is a choice in that list.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
Odins_child
Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Yeah I have, I reset to factory settings as soon as I got it, and again the other night.
Odins_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Perhaps the battery needs to be replaced. A while back, my K2 started acting up...replaced the battery and has been solid ever since. Just a thought.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote