Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
SmittyBit
SmittyBit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Standby Battery Drain - Growing

EDIT: After speaking with a Kobo rep, I'm happy to say that things are being looked into.
Happy to say there is a whole other side to Kobo firmware development that really does take into account user input. Thanks Kobo Devs, my confidence has been restored.

Anyone else having this problem, or maybe have a fix (fixes for three week old devices.. wth)?

I have wifi off, sleep cover support disabled just in case, and the battery drain in standby mode keeps growing.

When the device was new, it behaved normally, but it seems with each passing day battery drain in standby grows. last night it went from 32% to 4%, in 7 hours of standby.

Besides horrible touch lag, text selection, still no ability to go to a specific page number, and generally bad firmware, this is a real showstopper for me.

I'll wait to see if this is a common problem, and if the Kobo reps will deign to shed some light, short of this I'll return it.
I really want to love this reader, but the firmware is just SO bad, and nothing seems to ever get fixed (issues still around from the original kobo? really?).

Lets hear from you Kobo.

Last edited by SmittyBit; 10-18-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: At top of post
SmittyBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
stupid question, perhaps, but are you sure the battery percentage reading is correct?

i've noticed that during charging my kt doesn't accurately display the battery percentage sometimes (it's random when it goes wonky). maybe (hopefully) it's as simple as it displaying the incorrect battery charge?

were you able to wake it up at 4%?
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
SD card in the unit?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
SmittyBit
SmittyBit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Good call on both points.
I'm definitely unsure that the battery indicator isn't pooched, I've not had this unit very long, and the last Kobo I owned was the original Kobo It woke up fine at 4%, but 4% will last me 1-2 hours of reading, so I'm not too surprised.

No SD in the slot though, I should have mentioned that ..

To add: my first post was a bit on the negative side, I apologize for that. However the points I made, I stand by them.

Last edited by SmittyBit; 10-18-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling error
SmittyBit is offline   Reply With Quote