Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-07-2007, 01:38 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
A little Bach for a Kindle?

Dear friends at mobileread.com,

I know that I promised a long time ago to give you some more sound samples of my playing (remember the Audition... thread?). Unfortunately I was and am rather busy with my new job at the Erfurt Opera House, so I never got around to recording anything new.

I do however still have a recording from Spring 2006 of the Bach Solo Sonata C-Major, or to be more precise of the first two parts of this Sonata, the Adagio and the Fugue. They are among the most difficult pieces I ever played and were also part of my Exams last year. It's a semi-professional recording and was done by the sound editor of the Wuerzburg Music-University.

Why am I posting this now?

Two reasons:

1) I promised you something and since I'm probably not going to be able to record anything new in the nearer future you'll just have to make do with something "old"...

2) Since the Kindle might just be coming out in Europe after all and I've just spent 11000€ on a violin and also quite a bit on a kitchen, furniture, the move to Erfurt and everything, I don't really have the cash to buy one right now, at least not without a seriously bad conscience... I'm going to do the following:
I'll offer the mp3 files up for download. Anybody can just grab the .zip file containing both files for free, listen to it and do with it whatever you like (apart from selling it of course). If you like the files, then just send me 1€ by PayPal to RRohde(at)bigfoot(dot)com
No strings attached, no obligation, but if you like it...

In Case anyone from the RIAA is reading this...I played those tracks myself, the recording belongs to me and I own the ONLY copy ever made. I also ripped it to mp3, but since it's actually MY intellectual property I guess that in this case even you won't object...

Happy downloading! If you are waiting for one of the upcoming eink readers, then I'd recommend Track One (the Adagio) as meditation music...

Here is the link:
http://www.awde-sign.de/mobileread/B...landRohde).zip

You can also download the mp3 files seperatley by using these links:

http://www.awde-sign.de/mobileread/B...jor_Adagio.mp3
http://www.awde-sign.de/mobileread/B...ajor_Fugue.mp3
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
What a great idea! Do you mind getting that payment in USD? Let's say, $2?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

not at all...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I sent you a tip for your online "busking." Good luck on your fundraiser!
Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thanks!
It looks as though the Kindle might be a little further away than expected, so that will give me more time to "raise funds"...
Advert
Old 11-03-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Very nice recordings, CommanderROR. Thank you. I'm glad to contribute. I hope you get your Kindle soon. I love Bach's sonatas a great deal and I wake up to one every morning. I find the fugues particularly mesmerizing. I'm often convinced that somehow the violinist has figured out how to play two instruments simultaneously. I wish I knew how you pull that off. Thanks again and good luck.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
As they say, support your local musician.

Maybe by the time it emerges from its long dormant stage you will have collected enough for the unit and perhaps a new book or two.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thank you guys.
It looks like the Kindle might still be a while...but that's all the better...maybe it'll come in time for christmas...
Old 11-05-2007, 05:55 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Christmas which year?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Does it really matter?

Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yes it matters. You do want to be alive for that year.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:47 AM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

OK, I'm closing this thread now since there does not seem to be much point anymore...

Thanks to everyone who bought my mp3 files. I managed to collect about 30$ so far that I'll blow on a nice little dinner with my Girlfirend or something...

Perhaps Amazon will bring the Kindle to the rest of the world some day...it they do, then I'll be ready for it...
Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM   #14
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Well, speaking as one of the contributors, I'm happy to fund a nice dinner for you and your GF.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How about funding a nice dinner for me and my wife?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote