Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Timestamp issues

I guess this will be solved by the actual time change this coming Sunday but I'm noticing more and more that my reader is determined to be off by an hour. It's not really noticeable unless you are looking at the timestamp of Currently Reading. Oh and yesterday it wouldn't let me in the Sony Reader Store until I corrected the time.

Mind you when I do fix the time in currently reading it will pull up whatever I might have been reading an hour previously (which isn't necessarily what I am reading at the moment). I suspect I will do Kolenka's hack on the Currently Reading because this is driving me nuts.

Oh Sony where the heck is a firmware update?
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Yeah two of my T1s did that. Hope the bugs are fixed soon.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
I just checked, mine's not doing that.

Not to imply anything, but you do have the timezone set correctly?
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
The UK went through a time change at the weekend and my T1 picked it up OK.
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I just checked, mine's not doing that.

Not to imply anything, but you do have the timezone set correctly?

Yep. I'm in the Central Time Zone. Always have been, always will be. And Central Time Zone is clicked.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvduchovny View Post
Yep. I'm in the Central Time Zone. Always have been, always will be. And Central Time Zone is clicked.
I'm in Central Time Zone too....hmmmm maybe the T1 doesn't like Central Time.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Did all this weirdness start last weekend when Europe underwent a time change? Could be a coincidence, but I doubt it.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Is your time zone set properly ?
Have a look in setting / date and time
When connected to wi-fi it get time from server.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #9
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Is your time zone set properly ?
Have a look in setting / date and time
When connected to wi-fi it get time from server.
Yes, my time zone is set properly. I had already checked that due to the other thread on timestamp issues.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote