Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
leticiaromero
leticiaromero began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Help!!!! to synchronize metadatos

Hi, Im new in the forum, I have calibre, but when i connect my Kindle (mobi uses format), this it does not synchronize metadatos, just recognize de kindle. In calibre in preferences /to send to device/management of metadatos/I put automatic management, but is not hapennig. I don't know What to do. Can you Help me, please?

The other question is, can I have just mobi format at calibre, how I erase RTF and PDF format, thanks.
leticiaromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leticiaromero View Post
Hi, Im new in the forum, I have calibre, but when i connect my Kindle (mobi uses format), this it does not synchronize metadatos, just recognize de kindle. In calibre in preferences /to send to device/management of metadatos/I put automatic management, but is not hapennig.
Unfortunately automatic management isn't utilized by all device plugin developers. It is fully implemented with all Sony devices but as you are finding out apparently not with all (any?) Amazon devices.

I think to update the metadata on your device you will need to delete the books from your device and resend the books to your device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leticiaromero View Post
The other question is, can I have just mobi format at calibre, how I erase RTF and PDF format, thanks.
Highlight the books you wish to delete a format from and open the edit metadata window. There is a box that will allow you to remove any format from the books selected.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert