Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

View Poll Results: What Color is Your Pocket Pro?
Black 18 28.13%
White 7 10.94%
Slate Blue 9 14.06%
Maroon 16 25.00%
Purple 13 20.31%
Pink 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
What Color is Your Pocket Pro?

For those of us who have a Pocket Pro...what color did you get? (I'm just nosy.)
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
So, it would be interesting to see if those of us here at have different tastes than overall sales.

Maybe RobertB could post just the percentages (to preserve confidential sales figures) of color delivered (not still in stock) and let us see what other (non-MR) people choose
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
So, it would be interesting to see if those of us here at have different tastes than overall sales.

Maybe RobertB could post just the percentages (to preserve confidential sales figures) of color delivered (not still in stock) and let us see what other (non-MR) people choose
Good idea! That would be interesting to see.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
What colors are ordered from Astak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Good idea! That would be interesting to see.
Dear All:

I cannot give percentages but I can tell you that the preference to date is:

1. Black
2. A tie between White and Slate Blue
4. Maroon
5. Metallic Purple (almost a tie with Maroon)
6. Pink

ALL of the colors do quite well. These statistics are slanted by the fact that some retailers ONLY carry black and white (no colors). Also, we ran out of Maroon for a while. If everything was equal you would likely see Slate Blue ahead of White substantially and Maroon beating out white also.

I also want to say that most people really do not appreciate Metallic Purple enough. It is not a purple but they think it is. The Metallic Purple is stunning!! People just do not have a chance to appreciate it.

And our Pink also throws people off. Younger Adults love it and find it perfect. Women also like it... but I think some are afraid it will be perceived as "a female thing". The pink is really nice!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks for the info. You adjusted for the dealer skew, where a straight percentage would not show that bias.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
Writernan
Enthusiast
Writernan began at the beginning.

Device: Aztak 5"
I have the purple and the color is much softer than the image on the website. More like a mauve. Definitely not 'purple.'

I agree with Robertb ... the metallic purple is stunning!
Writernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #7
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
I was one of the ones pushing for slate blue. However, the blue that was finalized I don't consider "slate" blue, moe of a deep blue. I still love it.

I also love the "purple" though, from the screen shots I would classify the color as more of a "dusty rose", which I love also.

If I every get another reader, I'll choose the "dusty rose".

AJ
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #8
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Well I have a white one. It wasn't my first choice for color but happend to be the one that I got a great deal on.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Black FTW!

*hugs PP* I love my black PP, though I wish it was a darker black.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Proud owner of a black Pocket Pro. Was a big decision between the black and blue when I ordered (I still love the look of the blue).

Now, if we could only get the slate blue with black buttons. IMHO that would be the perfect coloured reader.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
I bought a slate blue. However, if I had had a chance to see one in person ahead of time, I might have gotten a metalic purple.
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I voted, but I guess I forgot to comment. I really like the metallic purple!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #13
Dan21
Dan21 began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
I went with white. It gets dirty a bit, but I still like it.
Dan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I didn't go for the Pocket Pro but the Mini, because it was also offered in black. Had it only been in white, I'd have bought a black PP...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #15
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Slate Blue with Black Buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Proud owner of a black Pocket Pro. Was a big decision between the black and blue when I ordered (I still love the look of the blue).

Now, if we could only get the slate blue with black buttons. IMHO that would be the perfect coloured reader.
Dear Solicitous:

You know I value your opinion. When we first talked of colors for the Pocket PRO we did ask if black buttons on the Slate Blue would be alright. It was a legitimate option at that time. People were vehement that the buttons must match and we went that way.

I know that it took Michael here about 25 minutes to change them to black. It can be done but not easily. I love contrast also so your idea is not a bad one.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote