Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
kindle date after offline reset

like the title says - what is Kindle 3's take on date & time after a reset ( with wireless off).

I ask because , after resetting to clear the issue of a book taking forever to index, my "sort by most recent" got very muddled and I wonder if kindle loses current date & time when reset ?

Books added after reset were going to the end of the most recent list, not to the start - so when a book is copied via USB, I guess that K3 dates it according to its internal clock, not according to the PC clock ?

I left wireless on for a while & it is all OK now.

PS I suspect I mesed sup the indexing by USB transfer of an updated book from calibre, while K was still indexing the previous version ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote