Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2022, 12:28 PM   #1
chewiesw
chewiesw began at the beginning.

Device: android
Transfer ebooks

Hello All, Merry Christmas.

Santa brought me a new android device for christmas and I am trying to figure out how to transfer all my ebooks from my old device. I use amazon kindle app as my reader.

If I copy / paste from my old books folder to a new books folder my new device doesn't recognise .mobi format.

Ideally I would like to keep the 'metadata' such as Read status.
chewiesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 02:39 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Were the books bought from Amazon? If not, how did you get them to the Kindle app on your old device?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2022, 03:14 AM   #3
chewiesw

I use calibre to transfer books.
Old 12-27-2022, 04:26 AM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiesw View Post
If I copy / paste from my old books folder to a new books folder my new device doesn't recognise .mobi format.
Whats your new device?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 05:03 AM   #5
chewiesw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Whats your new device?
Samsung Tablet - running the latest version of android
Advert