Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Extended Motion Causes Resets on Turn On

I took my Kindle 3 to Church today. I walked there about a mile. Everytime I turned it on it did a spontaneous reset.

Then I walked half a mile to my daugther's house. Again, spontaneous resets occurred every time I turned it on.

When I got back to my house, it first did resets the same way. After I let it rest a half hour its now working perfectly.

Evidently, the Kindle LG WiFi 3 needs a firmware upgrade to prevent this.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Evidently, the Kindle LG WiFi 3 needs a firmware upgrade to prevent this.
Sounds more like a hardware fault. A firmware upgrade won't help if it is resetting due to movement of the device.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Notified Amazon as well

I notified Amazon as well about this problem.

They are sending me a new Kindle 3 WiFi LG as a replacement.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-05-2010 at 02:42 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote