Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
kevinyan
kevinyan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 D01100
Question Kindle 4th gen D01100 stuck on boot up screen

Dear all kindle experts

I have a kindle 4th gen D01100, it is stuck on the boot up screen (a person reading his book under a tree). Normally there will be a loading bar at the bottom of the screen but there is not for mine, it just stuck at this image. Even even I unplug the charging cable, or reset it by holding the power key, screen flashes and reboots itself but cant get pass this booting image.

So I found Kubrick on google and followed its flashing wizzard on a USB stick. I suppose I have done all the preparation right if I could load the Kubrick on the usb stick. I am using Live CD Iso image for K4 and KT, unziped this iso under the efi/boot/ directory on the usb stick. I boot up with usb stick, run Kubrick wizzard, at the first time I got stuck on the "device is preparing to go into fastboot mode", then I charged it for about 30 min and I am lucky that it get passed the fastboot mode window, then the wizzard trys to restart my device into "diagnostic mode", and had some selection from 1 to 4, my device did restart itself but was stuck at the boot up screen, it could not get pass that to get into the diagnostic mode. Leaving wizard waiting for device to respond, and could not go on from there. I had charged the device overnight, and still the same result.

My assumption is that the battery is bad maybe. Please give me some advise to repair this kindle.

Thanks
Kevin Yan
kevinyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It is not nice to make duplicate posts.
It is also against the site guidelines.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2016, 12:25 AM   #3
kevinyan
kevinyan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 D01100
i am sorry if i violated the rule but I could not find the solution. Please post the link of the thread if you know it. Thanks
kevinyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinyan View Post
i am sorry if i violated the rule but I could not find the solution.
Please post the link of the thread if you know it.
Thanks
You are not being ignored.
No one knows it, yet.

And you may have to wait more than 7 hours for an answer (the time between your first request and second request).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote