Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question What may I do to fix my broken screen?

Hi folks,

The worst has happened. I have somehow cracked my DR1000S screen . I wonder how may I get it fixed?

Does any one here share this experience?

Thanks,
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
bcabral
bcabral began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR1000S, iRex DR800S
Hi!
Got the same problem almost two months ago. Contacted service, they were quick to respond. However there are no screens in stock. They are waiting, but they don't know when.
It's going to cost me 300 service points to get it serviced.
However, if you intend to get it replace, I do advise you to open a service ticket.
BC
bcabral is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
physics@war
Connoisseur

Hi BC, how may I get the service ticket? I got to this web http://support.irexreader.com/Welcome?whence= but not sure where to go next.

And how does the service point work?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics@war View Post
Hi BC, how may I get the service ticket? I got to this web http://support.irexreader.com/Welcome?whence= but not sure where to go next.

And how does the service point work?
Open an account under https://checkout.netsuite.com/app/ce...49784&sc=6&n=1
Then open a ticket. You receive a copy by eMail. Response from iRex is added to your ticket, you receive another eMail. You can answer to that eMail, your response automatically is added to your respective ticket.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
I think they have now screens, but maybe just for iliad. I opened my ticket 1month ago and they said that they dont have screens. So today i got a returnbox and send my iliad to replace screen (it started to show one black line, so my warranty is in effect).
I just can say that im very satisfied with Irex support
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
physics@war
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanas View Post
I think they have now screens, but maybe just for iliad. I opened my ticket 1month ago and they said that they dont have screens. So today i got a returnbox and send my iliad to replace screen (it started to show one black line, so my warranty is in effect).
I just can say that im very satisfied with Irex support
Hi Romanas, how much did you paid for the service and the shipping?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
romanas
Enthusiast
romanas began at the beginning.

Device: Irex iLiad ebook edition, DR1000s
nothing, its warranty. If there will be some problems not under warranty i think i have to pay, but preliminaty from the photos they said that its not screen froblem, not the damage.
So i got from UPS transfer box and send it to support center. They pay for transport
romanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
physics@war
Connoisseur

Yeah I have contact iRex support and they did confirm that the screen is damaged due to pressure point. So I will have to pay for 300 service credit. Sucks, but I really want my device working again. But I did point out to them that the protective case they offer does not protect the screen from pressure damage at all. So hope they will come up a better cover case to protect the fragile screen in the near future.

I know it will be bad to damage the screen but after one year of care, the bad luck did find its way into my life. By just putting my DR1000S in my backpack with books, that have killed it. I was pissed and felt so stupid that I have made such mistake.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
physics@war
Connoisseur

Just curious do you mourn your broken E-reader?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
bcabral

Quote:
Yeah I have contact iRex support and they did confirm that the screen is damaged due to pressure point. So I will have to pay for 300 service credit. Sucks, but I really want my device working again. But I did point out to them that the protective case they offer does not protect the screen from pressure damage at all. So hope they will come up a better cover case to protect the fragile screen in the near future.
Did they mention anything about stock?

BC
Old 03-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
physics@war
Connoisseur

Hi bcabral, they did not mention about the stock. But I just post a question to them after saw your post. SO hope they will reply me soon.

BTW, so what is the best way to protect the DR-1000S then? The case from iRex does not protect it from pressure as proven. Is there a better way?

Thanks
Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
BTW, so what is the best way to protect the DR-1000S then? The case from iRex does not protect it from pressure as proven. Is there a better way?
Which case do you have, iRex offers several of them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Quote:

Thanks
These look promising.

http://www.pelican-case.com/hardback-laptop-cases.html
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #14
physics@war
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Which case do you have, iRex offers several of them.
Hi Sahggy, I used this one https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...07bcb415bdaec2

Hi tjdean256, I have thought of the Pelican but just cannot find the right dimension for the DR1000. The laptop case look too huge for the reader. I want something a bit smaller s o I can put it in a backpack.

Hi bcabral, I have contacted iRex and they confirmed that the screen are in stock. Now I just hesitate to spend the money to fix it. But I don't want to leave it unfixed, ti is a such a dedicate device, I love it so much.

Last edited by physics@war; 03-27-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 PM   #15
bcabral

Quote:
Hi Sahggy, I used this one https://www.irexshop.com/product_inf...07bcb415bdaec2

Hi tjdean256, I have thought of the Pelican but just cannot find the right dimension for the DR1000. The laptop case look too huge for the reader. I want something a bit smaller s o I can put it in a backpack.

Hi bcabral, I have contacted iRex and they confirmed that the screen are in stock. Now I just hesitate to spend the money to fix it. But I don't want to leave it unfixed, ti is a such a dedicate device, I love it so much.
Hi!

They didn't contact me. Where are you? US or Europe?

BC