Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 11-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
franktop
franktop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2019
How to remove some of the full screen ui elements

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help with changing the look of calibre when using full screen.

I've only recently updated from 3.48 (old I know but if it ain't broke don't fix it) and while there are some things that I prefer on 4/5 some things are too distracting for me. If possible I'd like to remove the arrows that flip the page and the percentage at the bottom.

In essence what I'd like to do is make version 5 behave like version 3 in full screen and only have the text showing, nothing else.

Fingers crossed someone knows how to do this. Thanks.

Last edited by franktop; 11-12-2020 at 10:20 AM.
franktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Perhaps this would have been better posted in the Viewer thread since all the questions seem to be viewer related.

For the percentage, right click in the text, select Preferences then Headers and Footers. Set all options to Empty.

For the arrows, you can try setting the margins to less than the 20px default to reduce the size. OTOH, since they only show when you hover in the margin and do act as a reminder that you can click there to go page forward or page backward, you may want to learn to live with them.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-12-2020 at 01:56 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote