Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
psyghost
psyghost began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
it don't show more than 4 pages

Hello all,

I'm a happy user of a Onyx Boox M92 model, and i do love my e-reader, i take it everywhere i go, it's even at my side when i sleep ehehhe

I update from an old Kindle, to the M92 model because of his big screen and PDF reading abilities, i have thousands of books in PDF formats. I only have my boox for a couple of months, and i use mainly to read old books that you can't find on sale anywhere. Only now i find an issue with my e-reader. The PDF files that the boox recognize as text, there is no way of i pass from the 4 page, after that all pages show blank. Only happen with the files that was converted from a word file into PDF, the problem is that I have to many books (more then 200 and is not all my collection) and i can't find a way of reading them. I have realize that if the text box don't reach the boards of the reader, it recognize the text and keep display all pages normally after passing number 4. I have also try to edit few PDF that are only few pages and place a border line all around the text, and this solve my problem. But again i have books with more than 1000 pages, very old and rare manuscripts that are very dear to me and important to my study.
I have try booth internal memory and external SD card, and the problem persist. Anyone have a solution? I have try also the last firmware available.

Please help
psyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
hakanus
hakanus began at the beginning.

Device: icarus excel
I've had similar problems with big pdfs made from text files (I did not use word to create them, though). Splitting them (so that the individual files have less than 1000 pages) solved the problem for me.

I hope that helps.
hakanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
please, can u specify the type of pdf? I mean, it's image, only text, something else...
can you upload one book to test?
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote