Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-13-2024, 08:55 PM   #1
Calm6315
Calm6315 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Bypass Calibre conversion pipeline for files other than KFX

Basically I am looking for what the KFX input plugin does but for other formats too.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290

I have a lot of fixed layout books I'd like to convert to epub, but my kindle for pc only download .azw files and I can't use the gui nor debug-cli on these files.
they show up as azw3 when imported into calibre.

Is there plugin I can use to bypass the Calibre conversion pipeline for azw3 files?
Calm6315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:21 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
For what it may be worth, most the Kindle for Whatever releases only download as one file extension regardless of the actual format. K4PC downloads as azw and depends on introspecting the file to see if it is mobi, azw3 or KFX. K4Android downloads as prc, etc. calibre is not converting the file when it is being imported but rather changing the file extension to match the file's internals.

If you are using a recent K4PC, it's likely to be downloading mostly KFX files so you would need the newer DeDRM and the KFXInput plugins. Easy way to tell if it is a .KFX is to look at the directory the ebook was downloaded in. If you see an amzn1.drm-voucher.v1.<...>.voucher file, it is a KFX.

If calibre is importing the files as .azw3, you could try using the KindleUnpack plugin to extract an ebup or unpack the entire file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2024, 09:29 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
KF8 aka AZW3 files can be converted directly to EPUB bypassing the calibre conversion pipeline by using the KindleUnpack plugin. The results are very true to the original format.

Last edited by jhowell; 06-13-2024 at 09:32 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 09:59 PM   #4
Calm6315
Calm6315 began at the beginning.

Device: tablet
Thank you!!
This is exactly what I was looking for.
Calm6315 is offline   Reply With Quote