Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Navigating blank bookmarks

Is there a way to navigate to a bookmarked page that doesn't actually have a note attached to it? As far as I can tell, the T1 assumes that after bookmarking a page, people will attach a note to the bookmark to remind them what it's for, which will cause it to appear in the Notes menu so they can find it again. But if I just bookmark a page, nothing appears under Notes. I always bookmark the page I'm currently on so I can easily resume my progress in case something happens that loses my place, such as updating to the new firmware, thinking I can use the bookmark function like a physical bookmark in a paper book.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
In the right-hand corner of the notes list, there is an icon that you can select that allows you to set the type of notes that you want to see. Click the icon and there will be a drop-down box for various options. I have it set to "All Types", but you could set it to just Bookmarks if you want.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

I generally just have one bookmark and no notes, and the Note list just says, "There are no items in this list," and won't let me interact with the drop-down box at all, which looks set to "All Types" already.

The next time I bookmark a page, I might try adding a note with a single letter or something and see if that causes my bookmark to appear in the list.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
I don't get it. When I bookmark a page without answering to the Keyboard/Drawing choice (I press the Back key), it just appear in the Notes menus (both in the book local and the global) with the text of the first line of the page, the "page x of y" and the book title (this last information only appear in the global menu)
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Ozric
Zealot

I just tap the upper-right corner of the screen to create the bookmark instead of doing a tap-and-hold, so I'm never presented with the Keyboard/Drawing choice when I bookmark a page. I just tried creating a new bookmark the way it sounds like you might do it--with a tap-and-hold--and used the Back button to cancel the Keyboard/Drawing choice. That bookmark doesn't show up in my Notes list either.

Are your books loaded on the T1's internal memory? I have all of my ebooks on an SD card, and I'm starting to wonder if there's a bug in the firmware when handling bookmarks created for books that aren't stored in internal memory. It might also explain why I can't seem to create new Collections on the T1 itself.
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 03:12 AM   #6
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
I can create a blank bookmark either by tapping the top-right corner, or press-and-hold and using the back button to cancel the 'Note' dialog. In both cases I can navigate to the new bookmark.
Using the latest FW (1.0.03) and all my books are in the internal memory.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 AM   #7
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Worked with original firmware (and with last one too), but no SD-card yet.

Last edited by seabee; 12-11-2011 at 04:59 AM. Reason: typo
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
Ozric
Zealot

So I just did a little experimenting. If I load a book into internal memory instead of my SD card, I have no problem creating a bookmark that shows up in the Notes list, nor do I have an issue with creating a new Collection on the device that references the book. I guess the T1 firmware isn't quite happy with books stored on an SD card